Prologue

Copyright © 2012 IGARCIA
All Rights Reserved.

                                      ~*~*~*~

I can't tell if it's a starry nightI know I see the fog
but it just isn't right

I got a feeling now
that I can't explain
it feels like the falling of a fiery rain.

People say that I'm a voodoo man
I got the devil's soul
and I wear his brand

You got a feeling now
that you just can't save
the spell from my loving and an early grave

I hear the cold wind
from far away
It tells me now to get my prey

Twilight's vengeance, Lord I can't resist
Bring me back to your ever-loving arms.

Why can't the fire just burn
wild inside your heart?
I can't understand it; can you feel it
when we're apart?

Oh feel it burning, baby, down deep inside
it makes you feel like you never lived, 
and you never died.

It was the year 1692Trevor Fier huddled close to his father as the mob descended around the young Maddie Godoy. The crowd accused her of being a witch, a word that Trevor heard being tossed around a lot these days. The cold winter's wind blew through his hard, causing him to shiver. He wished he was home already, he didn't want to witness to horror that was about to initiate. But being he was the son of the major, he had to be here, even when he was too young to witness this entire horrific event.

Mother had fought with Father, "You are not taking him to witness that! He is far too young, this is none of his business!" screamed Mother. She had her arm around me, protectively.

"He is eight, he is old enough to see what is going on around the world, Jasmine," retorted Father, with that he took me.

I had liked Maddie she was a sweet girl, she would always greet me every time she saw me. Being of my age, I had her for school, but both being shy, we never really approached each other.

I always wanted to touch her soft looking locks, her soft baby face. I was saddened when Father had accused her of being a witch I wouldn't believe it. Not Maddie.

Some people were skeptical about such a young little girl being so evil, but Father knew how to twist their minds into seeing that she was indeed, evil.

"Maddie Godoy you are by here sentence to die," I watched as they placed her in the center of firewood. My mind said. 'Saver her!' but what could I do? 'I don't know but anything!' I couldn't do anything.

Maddie said nothing, she looked at me not ever breaking eye contact, not even when the fire began. I squinted my eyes, as I saw a figure run over to her but was hold back intensely.

Took time to make the figure as Maddie's Mother, Tracy Godoy, she trashed about trying to break their grasp. Suddenly she went still her gaze turn onto my father, I cowered behind him.

"You fool! You are making a great mistake, how dare you take my daughter from me!? an innocent being?!" She screamed with so much fury.

"She is-"

"I don't want to hear it! My hatred will live for generations," She sneered with so much hatred. "You and your Family are cursed. I curse you all never to find love. Your son's will NEVER be happy; they would forever suffer the sorrow of losing their love ones. Fight for what love is or the curse will never descend!" Mrs. Godoy looked at me with so much intense in her eyes.

"As for you," She turned her gaze to Father. "Your curse begins now, Monster."

I gasped; did she know what we were? Would she say it? Would this mob turn on us?

My thoughts were shattered, once I heard the bone chill scream, of pain. I whipped my head over to the fire, it was engulfing Maddie, her painful screams were too much for me, because the next thing I knew, I was screaming as well. I felt so much pain, I was unable to breath, I clenched my chest, were my heart should be.

"Son!" Fathers faint voice sounded so worried, I didn't want to worry him. The screams of Maddie discontinued. I collapsed.

The last thing I heard before I let darkness overcome was the screams of Mrs. Godoy, "I hope you are satisfied, you have killed your son's true love!"

~~~