Chills

Being dragged into the forest, I was scared and clueless at what was happening. What had I done for these people to be so mad at me. I was sure I had done nothing, I was simply waiting by the pond, for mother.

Now here I was, being dragged. I fought at first, but quickly stopped as it was all too clear, my fighting would do nothing.

I was scared. I wanted Mommy.

The mayor stepped up, a shaking Trevor behind him. I knew he had nothing to do with this, so I tried my best not to look his direction.

“Maddie Godoy you are by here sentence to die.”

Those words rang through my mind, echoing.

Die?

I would die? I didn’t want to die, I didn’t. I had not even helped Mommy with the food, I had to help her around the house, if I didn’t, who would?

That was not a concern to them, though. They began to drag me towards the center of firewood.

I said nothing. My gaze seeming to turned towards Trevor, gentle, sweet Trevor. I knew he would never be like his father. He would never be a monster like his father, no matter what he was.

Mommy had told me about his kind. But even she knew, Trevor was harmless, at the moment. I looked at him without breaking eye contact, not even when the fire began.

Mommy appeared, I watched as she tried to get to me, but was blocked. She trashed about trying to break their grasp. Suddenly she went still her gaze turn onto my Trevor’s Daddy.

“You fool! You are making a great mistake, how dare you take my daughter from me!? An innocent being?!” She screamed with so much fury, I flinched at her words. I had never heard Mommy so angry as she sounded right now.

“She is-“

“I don’t want to hear it! “ She cut him off swiftly, “My hatred will live for generations,” She sneered with so much hatred.

“You and your Family are cursed. I curse you all never to find love. Your son’s will NEVER be happy; they would forever suffer the sorrow of losing their love ones. Fight for what love is or the curse will never descend!” Mommy turned her gaze onto Trevor.

“As for you,” She turned her gaze to his Daddy. “Your curse begins now, Monster.”

The burning sensation was unbearable. The heat of the blazing fire causing me to sweat not only that but to panic, I hated anything to do with fire. I screamed desperately for mercy, but the intense flames swallowed my voice and engulfed my body.

I snapped my eyes open, looking at Trevor as he quivered behind his Father, hiding from the wrath of Mommy. He seemed to look sadden, broken in fact. I wanted to tell him it was okay, I would be okay, but nothing would come out of my mouth. I would not be able to say anything anymore, in minutes, I would be dead.

The pain was too much to take, I let out a lethal scream, one that was being caught within my throat, gurgling.

As a crumbled to the floor, holding myself, trying to stop the fire, I heard another scream. My heart broke at the painful sound. I clenched the side of my heart, letting tears pour down my cheeks. The sound of sizzling as they came in contact with the fire.

“Son!”  Trevor’s father screamed.

It had been Trevor? Why?  Began to worry for him, I didn’t want to be in pain. I felt myself begin to die slowly. My mind no longer wanting to be in so much pain.