Chapter 3

TRIGGER WARNINGS:
EXPLICIT LANGUAGE
SWEARING
VIOLENCE/GUN VIOLENCE
SMOKING

The next day we headed for a racing track. Cars were a favourite of mines, something my dad and I shared a love for. However, it was my mom who introduced me to racing. The thrill and the adrenaline rush was incomparable to anything else.

I still remember the day, I was barely ten and I sat in a bright red Ferrari alongside my mom. The track was empty and she drove dangerously fast. Since then I knew I loved it. She did manage to scrape the side of the car on the barriers, chipping of the beautiful paintwork. My dad wasn't best pleased, I think he was more upset over the wrecked car than the fact that mom took me to a track.

The track that we stopped at was bustling with women and men alike. Everywhere you looked, you saw either an expensive car or a heap of junk. I saw some familiar faces but I had no intention of greeting them unless they fucked up some shit. In that case, they would be very deserving of a losing a tooth or two.

"Raf, look at all the women." I teased knowing that he still couldn't make a single move towards a woman. He smirked as he looked at me, he wore dark sunglasses with a T-shirt. "You didn't say anything about talking to them." He grinned.

Shit. He had me there.

I looked ahead at the tarmac racetrack, there was a large crowd as people made bets on who would win. The sky was a deep blue, not a single cloud in sight. The air smelt of gasoline and raw asphalt mixed with smoke. It was bitter but refreshing all at once.

"Look who it is." Raphael whispered as he subtly nudged his head to where I was supposed to look. I scowled when I saw the fucking idiot. He approached me with his small posse of men and women behind him. The women wore very little leaving hardly anything to the imagination and the men looked cheap as fuck. "King." He sniggered as he looked at me without a hint of fear.

"Watch your tone Ramirez." I growled. My own guards and Sergio stood poised behind me. I did not even need them, I could kill this fucker in an instance. He would do good to remember that.

Ramirez gulped but tried to hide it with a chuckle. He was petrified. I could kill him and take his racing track and no one could stop me.

I smirked as I watched him. A tall slender man, who always seemed to wear sweat stained vests. "I think you're forgetting I can do whatever I want. You don't want me to teach you another lesson do you?" I looked to see Raphael smirking and a crowd had gathered around us.

I've no doubt they were all waiting for me to beat the shit out of Ramirez but I had other plans. "I don't intend for things to get violent, so get me a car." I ordered. I could feel the weight of my gun in the belt of my jeans. Ramirez muttered something before turning around. I saw him spit on the ground.

That was it.

I took quick steps and grabbed him by the collar, pulling him up to my height. "Care to repeat what you just said?" I growled looking at him although he looked elsewhere. He shook his head violently and I let him go. "That's what I thought, don't you dare fucking disrespect me again." I ran a hand through my hair and walked towards the track. I needed to let a little steam off.

Upon reaching the track, everyone moved out of my way and a set of car keys were handed to me. Perfect. I looked down at the low set green car in front of me, it was smooth and had black patterns across it. The windows were darkly tinted and the engine was powerful.

I looked across to see that a blue race car had lined up at the starting line. Ramirez looked around and whistled. "Cal." He called out. A large crowd had now gathered, eager to see what the fuss was about. A man dressed in black, with a leather jacket and gloves appeared. He had a short buzz cut and piercing eyes.