Chapter 36 part 1

TRIGGER WARNINGS:
EXPLICIT LANGUAGE
SWEARING
GUN VIOLENCE
SMOKING

The flight to Russia was agonisingly long. Lira had slept for most of it in order to try and curb her jet lag when we landed while I had dealt with some work. I still couldn't quite believe it. She actually came with me. Those fucking Russians. I had no need to stir something up but if they wanted to feel my wrath, then so be it. I did not care. I could definitely kill every single one of them without breaking a sweat.

Raphael was on a flight on the way to Russia and I was also shocked that he didn't protest. It just confirmed what I thought, he definitely took a liking to Marina. I was unsure, however, would we even want to be associated with the Russians. Perhaps Raf and Marina would be a messy affair. I'm not sure.

Lira and I were on the way to a hotel to spend the night at, before the party tomorrow. Her head rested on my shoulder, her eyes remained closed. Sergio found out everything I wanted to know. The event was a masquerade ball. I've never been to one and I was definitely not invited to theirs but we would go regardless. What would they do if they caught us? Throw us out? That would be fucking hilarious.

"Lira." I spoke softly. I tried to rouse her awake by gently moving her head from my shoulder. She blinked her heavy eyes and yawned while sitting upright. "We're here." I said as I stepped out from the parked car.

I noticed the air was bitterly cold, goosebumps appeared across my skin. The hotel lights poured out into the darkness creating a false illusion of warmth. I went ahead and opened Lira's door and held out a hand for her to take. Sergio would deal with our luggage and everything else that needed to be done.

"We're almost there." I whispered to Lira as she tried to remain awake. When she was jet lagged, it was like she relied solely on me and I found it endearing. I would do anything for her.

After speaking to the receptionist about the pre booked best suite in the hotel, she handed me the keys. We took the elevator up to the thirty second floor and Sergio unlocked the door to our room. I led Lira inside the spacious room. It was warm with several candles being lit upon our arrival. The room was dressed in white with dark mahogany tones.

I led her past the sofas and coffee table and lay her down onto the bed. After Sergio dropped off our luggage in the room, he stood guard outside. I made sure to lock the door and I gently removed Lira's shoes. I pulled out one of my T-shirt's from my suitcase and sat onto the bed beside her. I slowly removed her jeans and T-shirt, replacing it with mines.

As I pulled it over her head, she leaned into me and I breathed in her soft scent. I lay her down and she hummed satisfied into the soft white pillows. I tossed my own clothes off and lay beside her in only my boxers.

I couldn't sleep. The Russians were all I could think about, them and James fucking Cain. He's been spreading rumours once again which does him no favours. He must have forgotten why he got beaten the last time I saw him. I didn't tell Lira about the rumours because I fear she would not rest until the man was dead and buried.

My phone began to ring and I quickly answered it as to not to disturb her. I sat upright and brushed my hair back. "Hello?" I answered into the phone thinking it was Raf. "Hello Vicenzo." My mom answered. Oh shit, surely she hasn't found out about Lira and I yet. She wouldn't mind but she would definitely want to meet her and I didn't know if Lira was ready for that.

"Hi mom." I smiled, I missed her voice. "Vicenzo what are you doing in Russia?" She asked me getting straight to the point. "Uh I uh." I fumbled over my words. I could hardly tell her I was setting Raf up with the Russian's Mafia sister. "Vicenzo. Do not fuck with the Russians. Do you hear me? Come home right now." She ordered. I was still lost for words.

"Well I'm here now and they're holding a masquerade party. It'll be fun to attend. I promise I'll come home soon." I said trying to convince her. "Just you and Raphael?" She asked and I bit my tongue. "Yes. I'll be back soon mom." I lied. She could always tell but never over the phone. She hummed. "Okay. Good boy. Behave yourself." We ended the call and I lay back down. Fuck. I was fucked. If my mom ever found out that I was setting Raf up, she'd have my head.

The next day arrived and it was now three in the afternoon. Raf had come over to our room and we all were all talking. Lira felt much better and sat with one leg crossed over the other, smoking. Raf was munching on some nuts and I held my cigarette in hand. "My mom called last night." I spoke up. Raf tossed some more nuts into his mouth.

"Sorry Raf it can't happen. She'll kill us both." I spoke quickly and puffed on my cigarette. He blew out a breath and grinned at me. "It's fine. I had a feeling she wouldn't allow it. But I can still fuck her right?" He leaned back, his shirt being untucked from his trousers.

"No just leave her alone." Lira shook her head at Raf. Raf looked at her as if to say why. "The Russians are disgusting. Why would you want to sleep with one?" She added as if it was so obvious. Raf shrugged his shoulders. I leaned forward and tapped the ash of my cigarette onto the ashtray. "Lira's right and besides my mom will find out and you'll be as good as dead and even I can't save you."

Raf licked his lips and tossed some more nuts into his mouth. "So why are we still going to the fucking ridiculous party?" He scrunched his nose. "It'll be fun won't it?" I grinned and relaxed back. "Oh sure sure, I don't even have a date." He muttered to himself.

"Lira. Would you mind being Raf and I's date?" I asked her. She coughed a little on the smoke when she saw that I wasn't joking. "Uh yes I suppose so." She said and put out her cigarette.

And that was done.

At exactly nine in the evening, we made our way to the party. It was being held at the Russians house. More so a mansion. It looked wild beyond belief already. There were lines of high end cars already parked all over the sprawling grounds. In the middle was the most hideous water feature I've ever laid eyes on.

Sergio parked our car and I held Lira's door open. She smiled when she got out and looked around. Despite the chill in the air, she wore a striking black backless dress with a thigh high split. Her hair was in loose curls and she held a purse with her gun inside.

We all approached the entrance to be greeted by security guards checking identifications. I was well aware that we would never be allowed in so I did the only thing I could think off. I killed three men and a woman and stole their identities, but only for the night.

We were all allowed in even when the guards caught on that Lira could speak no word of Russian. She confessed to me she only knew the words fucking bitch in Russian and I just told her to keep it to herself. When I asked why she only knew those words, she simply shrugged her shoulders and said that she might need to use the words.

"Right let the party begin." Raf grinned as he placed his mask on. I placed my black mask on and walked into the large ballroom. It was complete with food, live entertainment, hundreds of guests, waiters and of course the Russian Mafia.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I had to split CH 36 into two parts because together they would be far too long and alone they're a little shorter than my normal chapters so I just did part 1 and part 2.
(Thanks to my bestie for the idea of splitting them up.)

As Raf said LETS GET THE MF PARTY STARTED