Chapter 57

TRIGGER WARNINGS:
EXPLICIT LANGUAGE
SWEARING
VIOLENCE/GUN VIOLENCE
SMOKING
BLOOD

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️LIRA'S POV ⭐️ ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

My eyes flickered open, letting the harsh light flood in. I blinked a few times before my eyes adjusted and I realised the lights were dimmed. I licked my dry lips but even my throat felt dry and sore. I felt a IV line attached to my arm and looking up, I saw it was attached to a bag of fluids. Fuck. Blood too. Shit how much did I lose? A tube was feeding oxygen directly into my nose and I could feel how sore I was.

My neck and body felt stiff. When I tried to move, I could feel the sharp pain towards the left of my chest but the morphine worked wonders. All I could remember was watching Enzo beat the shit out of James making the man cry. Then bullets began to fire and I saw one coming for Isabella. Instincts took over I guess. I didn't know her that well but she left a good impression with me and there's nothing I would not do for that child.

I tilted my head to the right to see Enzo asleep on a chair. His arms were folded across his chest. He looked so peaceful. So handsome. I smiled at how soft he looked, a vast difference to what he looked like at the quarry. There he looked cold and angry. And now he looked innocent as can be. Fuck, do I prefer him angry or calm. Regardless, I'd still fuck him all the same. Was he by my side all this time? How long had it been since I was out.

I tried to choke out a word but it came out as a raspy sound. So I tried again. "Hey." I spoke more loudly and more like myself. Enzo heard me straight away, perhaps he was waiting to hear my voice. Shit, I can't imagine how worried he must have been. Oh fuck, is Raphael all right?

I watched him smile as he straightened himself out. I could see his forehead was slightly red and had some stitches. Nothing too major. "Hey." He replied with a gentle smile. I fucking loved this man. He reached forward and grabbed ahold of my hand gently. I could see his knuckles were bruised and all cut up. I don't blame him, what James did was personal. So fucking personal, he deserved a whole lot worse. I wanted to beat him also but it wasn't my place and besides Enzo did a good job.

"How's Raphael?" I asked with worry. He looked so beaten and bloody, it even shocked me and I've seen my fair share of bloody bodies. Even if it was me inflicting the wounds. He smiled and I felt his warm hand caress mine gently. "You have just woken up and you're asking after him?" He chuckled.

I tried to nod and grinned loosely before I gasped. "And Isabella? Is she all right?" I asked with worry. That poor girl could be traumatised or maybe she got hurt. "Raf is completely fine and so is Isabella. Everyone's fine thanks to you. Now how are you feeling?" He explained calmly. I couldn't help but smile at him. He's so perfect, well almost but definitely more than me. I don't know what I've even done to deserve him. I'm a shitty person but I'm trying to be better, for him.

"I'm..well I guess I'm fine. My side does hurt and I'm cold." I said with a sigh. "What happened?" I asked. He called for a nurse to bring me a blanket. I watched as he tucked it around me ever so gently. I could get used to this. He's such a softie, definitely a simp.

When he sat back down again he explained what had happened and what happened to me. I think I was more shocked that he was going to give James' body to his father more than anything else. I would have thrown him into the ocean to be eaten by the sharks. I chuckled as I looked at him. "Since I have been with you, I've got shot twice. Can you believe that?..but these scars, they just remind me how much I love you."

He leaned forward and kissed the back of my hand. "Well you definitely get thrills being with me....I love you so much. I thought I had lost you." He looked at me. I looked into his dark eyes, cold and piercing to anyone else but to me all I saw was love. "Never Enzo. I'm not going anywhere. Hate to say it, but you're stuck with me." I grinned while reaching out to stroke his cheek.