Chapter 62

TRIGGER WARNINGS:
EXPLICIT LANGUAGE
SWEARING
GUN VIOLENCE

The next morning, I lay immersed in warm water. I had my eyes closed and my arms lay across the sides of the bathtub. I could see a shadow pass the light and I heard her shuffling. I opened my eyes and looked across to see Lira sitting atop the counter with her legs crossed. She looked at me and smiled. "Did I tire you out that much?" She smirked. I smiled and splashed some water at her. "Enzo! I just did my hair." She laughed.

"That was my favourite birthday so far. We should do that every year." I grinned. She hummed and looked though her phone. "What about my birthday?" She asked. I closed my eyes and yawned. "What would you like to do?" I asked. There was a pause for a while. "I want to go to the New York gold vault." She said.

I opened my eyes and furrowed my brows. She chuckled and shrugged her shoulders. "To steal the gold." She added. "Why?" I asked. She stood up and walked over to me, her eyes glancing down at my body. "For fun. I've heard it's an impenetrable vault and wouldn't it be exciting?" She grinned and stopped at the bathroom door. "And we could fuck on all the gold and money." She chuckled. I chuckled at her remark knowing that she definitely would and I would be game. She knew that too.

We soon stepped out of the house, a nice cool day welcomed us. Lira walked ahead in casual jeans and a tight white T-shirt. Her hair was tied back and she wore some dark shades. I matched her and I wore the watch she gifted me. "Where's Raphael?" She asked as I stared at her ass not even hiding my gaze. "He's gone out for some business." I replied and walked ahead to open the car door for her. She smiled up at me when she sat inside.

We drove to pick up Isabella from the hotel she was staying at. Uncle Kaden and Gabrielle wanted to go out for some business and instead of Bella harassing a baby sitter she could harass us instead, not that I minded.

"Hey Enzo! Hey Lira!" Bella smiled as she struggled to tie up her little purse. "Hey. Need some help?" Lira asked as she bent down and clipped her purse together. "Thank you for taking me out! If the baby sitter came she would have been so boring." Bella lamented. I chuckled and held onto her hand.

We headed to a coffee shop stopping for coffee and cake. I did know I was spoiling Bella but I didn't care. She was my favourite little girl and I wanted to show her how much I cared. Especially since she was almost taken from us all.

Bella looked through the glass case as she pondered about which cake she wanted. Lira was definitely happy and I never felt happier with my two favourite girls. I heard Lira chuckling as she talked to the barista. "Could I please have two black coffees and one small hot chocolate with cream and marshmallows..and um one of those chocolate croissants." Lira smiled as she placed a hand behind my waist. "And I'd like a slice of the oreo cheesecake please. What about you Bella? Have you decided?" I asked as I watched her still trying to figure out what to pick.

"Umm could I have a gingerbread man. The one with the moustache. Please thank you!" Bella grinned at the barista. "Your daughter is so well mannered." The barista, an older woman smiled as she handed me the gingerbread man. "She's not my daughter. She's my cousin." I spoke. I turned around to see Lira and Isabella picking out a table to sit at. "Oh I'm sorry. I thought you seemed a bit young." The barista smiled.

We were soon given our drinks with Bella greatly enjoying her hot chocolate. I watched Lira pour in two spoons of sugar and some milk into her coffee. She sipped it and sighed with content. "Would you like to try some of my croissant?" Lira asked Bella. She nodded and tried some, with the table becoming littered with crumbs and flakes of pastry. "And you." Lira smiled as she held up a piece of croissant for me. "Ahhh. Here comes the airplane." She laughed as I opened my mouth. Bella started laughing and pointed at me calling me a baby.