Chapter 16

TRIGGER WARNINGS:
EXPLICIT LANGUAGE
SWEARING
ALCOHOL

We arrived back home late. Raf and I immediately tossed off our suit jackets and ties. Lira decided to come back with us after finally giving in. I am sure she wanted to because after all she only had an empty hotel room to get back to.

I looked at the young girl we brought back with us. She wouldn't talk so I had no idea where she was from or whether she had any family. I could perhaps send her away to be given a new life but that would be cruel. She had no part in what those men did to her and she didn't deserve it.

Raf and Lira were talking and they headed off for the kitchen, leaving me alone with the girl. I was glad that they were getting on. The girl stood shakily, her breaths were jagged and uneven. She was petrified.

I looked at her as softly as possible although I probably still looked intimidating. "You are safe now. Those men won't ever hurt you again. I apologise for what you saw and what you went through. So would you tell me your name?" I said.

She looked up at me, her brown eyes filled with tears and terror. I waited for her to reply but she did not. I raised my hand and was about to ruffle my hair in frustration but I saw her flinch at the action. Shit.

I sighed and slowly placed my hand down. "Come with me." I gestured and walked into the kitchen. The girl did not even need to be told twice, she followed after me as if she had to do what I said. As if there would be consequences if she didn't listen.

I saw Lira and Raf in the kitchen drinking alcohol from glasses and talking. "The taken movies are way better than any of the John Wick movies." Raf enthused.

"I beg to differ. Are you fucking stupid? John Wick could take anyone's ass." Lira shot back. They stopped talking when they noticed me but promptly began to snigger at each other again.

"I could definitely shoot you blindfolded." Lira said to Raf. He grinned and looked her dead in the eyes. "I could shoot you with no arms."

Lira furrowed her brows. "Really?" She wondered. Raf smirked. "I could show you." He tossed back the rest of his drink and glanced at me.

"He can't." I chuckled exposing him. He gave me a dirty look in response. Oh I'm definitely going to pay for that later.

I gestured for the girl to take a seat at the island but she remained standing, her pose was protective. Sergio handed me the first aid box and I pulled out a wipe from inside.

"I'm just going to clean your wound." I spoke slowly. But it was apparent that the girl didn't trust me and she backed away in fright. Lira stood up and took the wipe from me. I blinked as I watched her approach the girl slowly.

She whispered something to her and brushed her hair from her face. The girl seemed more relaxed and allowed Lira to clean her neck. She was quite young, perhaps seventeen or eighteen. Once Lira applied the plaster she encouraged her to sit down at the island.

"Don't let anybody treat you like shit, do you understand? What's your name?" Lira asked her. The girl gulped and her eyes flickered across to Raf and I.

"Don't look at them, look at me and besides they won't hurt you. You can trust me. We only want to find your family." Lira spoke. The girl nodded all too eagerly. A lone tear ran down her cheek but she seemed better than before.

Raf looked at me with his brows furrowed and I shrugged my shoulders. "Jasmine..m-my name is Jasmine." The girl stuttered slowly. Lira smiled warmly and encouraged her to talk. They slowly migrated to the living room and Raf and I were alone in the kitchen