Chapter 25

TRIGGER WARNINGS:
EXPLICIT LANGUAGE
SWEARING
SMOKING/ALCOHOL

"What was so urgent?" I asked Sergio as we headed off for the airport. He looked up and shuffled in his seat across from me.

"Sergio." I stated bored with his antics. "Well nothing." He scratched his nose. I furrowed my brows at him and sighed deeply, leaning back into the soft leather seats of the SUV. "You're telling me that it was nothing...and I could have spent more time with her. You fucking dickhead. I fucking hate you." I scowled at him.

"I just couldn't watch you any longer. Practically shoving your tongue down her throat." He retorted. I rubbed my face. "You do know you can look elsewhere."

He curled his lips as if say he knew that. "Sergio you're demoted. You can be Raf's guard." I smirked at him. He didn't mind Raf, in fact they got on well, however, Raf got with a lot more girls than I ever did.

"You wouldn't dare...fine I won't ever interrupt you again..unless you're going to fucking die. That's kind of my job you know." He replied. I chuckled. I was glad I had him by my side.

We soon boarded a private plane and eventually we reached Italy. I was now beyond exhausted. I set down my third cup of coffee and rolled my neck while yawning.

"You should have slept." Sergio stated as if it were so obvious. "In hindsight I should have." I agreed with him. But I was far too busy, I needed to catch up with some paperwork and I wanted to do this before we landed.

The car stopped at home and I stepped out. I was greeted with darkness. It was almost eleven at night by now. I looked up at the star filled sky and then at the door. Sergio went ahead and held it open for me.

I walked in and headed straight for my office. I could hear light snoring and the faint ticking of the clock. I opened the door and found Raf fast asleep sitting at my desk. His feet were propped up on the desk, his head was dropped back.

Picking up a glass and bottle from the side, I poured in some water. I tipped it into my mouth and looked down at Raf. It's a shame I'm an ass. I set the glass down with a loud bang.

Raf flinched and looked around startled. His dark brown eyes went wide. I noticed he reached for his gun. "Oh mio fottuto Dio, fottuto culo (Oh my fucking God, you fucking ass)" He swore in Italian as he tossed his legs off the desk. "Why the fuck did you do that for?" He groaned as he rubbed his eyes.

"Why wouldn't I?" I chuckled and sat down on the chair opposite him. "You look like shit." Raf insulted as he rubbed his head. "You look like shit too." I smirked.

"When did you get here?" He asked. "A few minutes ago. Catch me up." I said. And so he did. He did moan and grumble throughout but he gave me a full report of what had been happening and what I needed to sort out.

"What about Mara?" I asked him as I rested my eyes. "She wants us to meet Emily." Raf said. I opened my eyes in time to see him roll his. "What the fuck are you pissed at?" I asked genuinely.

"Nothing. I'm fucking exhausted." Raf yawned, using his hand to cover his mouth. I know why he's pissed. He's fucking sex deprived. The little shit.

I stood up and called for Sergio. "Call Mara and if she wants to come tomorrow for dinner, send a car." I said. Raf nodded lightly.

"Where are you going?" He called after me as I walked out of the office. I sighed heavily. "To sleep." As I headed upstairs I could hear his footsteps behind me as well as his heavy breathing. He was also going to sleep and this time in his bed.

The next day I awoke early, finally feeling somewhat rested. I felt more relaxed, I was home once more. The air, the noise, the people; they were the same. Reliable.