Chapter 60

TRIGGER WARNINGS:
EXPLICIT LANGUAGE
SWEARING
ALCOHOL

It was a week later and we had flown back to Italy to celebrate my birthday. I was out for business but I came home in the afternoon, just before six to hear swearing and arguing, which was pretty much normal. I don't have anything against celebrating, I would just rather do something small or go out and get drunk. But mom and dad wanted me to properly celebrate and it's an excuse to get the whole family together, even Mara.

As I walked into the kitchen, I smiled looking at the mess on the counter. It was always a fucking mess with Lira involved. She had her hair up in a messy bun, with an apron tied around her body, not that it would help. "Well why the fuck would you say to put it on then?" Lira growled at an amused Raf. He was leaning against the counter looking at her. He was fiddling with a wooden spoon. He pointed it at her. "I said to put it on after the cake was cold, not before." He chuckled accentuating the word after as he pointed to the icing which was melting off the hot cake. "And I believe you asked for my help. It's not my fault you cook like shit." He laughed as he used a finger to scoop up some of the melted icing off the counter. He licked it and scrunched his nose.

"What?" Lira groaned. "Not enough sugar..hey birthday boy." Raf grinned as he saw me walk in. Lira smiled up at me. "Hey birthday boy." She picked up the bag of sugar and poured some more into the icing bowl. I chuckled at them. "That's way too much sugar." Raf rolled his eyes. Lira looked down at the bowl and then at the sugar bag in her hand. "Oops." She grinned and I could see mischief playing in her eyes. She tossed the bag of sugar at Raf, with the sugar covering him and definitely getting in his hair. He brushed himself off. "You're so fucking annoying."

Lira looked down at her cake. "It was meant to be a surprise." She picked up a spoon and tried to fix the runny icing which had now formed a pool on the countertop. "It is a surprise. You've managed to make a cake..somehow without the eggs." I chuckled as I observed the three eggs still in their bowl. She turned around and muttered. "Oh fuck."

Raf walked over to me and placed an arm around my shoulder. "Don't worry, I've ordered you a cake, I knew she would fuck it up somehow." He grinned not even trying to whisper. Lira sucked her teeth with displeasure and rubbed her hands together to shake off the sugar that covered them. She walked past us. "I'm going to get dressed."

"Shit do you think she's mad at me now?" I shook my head at Raf. He patted my back and hobbled on his ankle. "Probably." He chuckled and glanced at the much older maid for a few seconds too long. She began to clean up the mess. I knew what he was thinking, what the fuck do I with him.

In two hours time, I was dressed in a suit with a black shirt and silver cuff links which was a present from Raf. I brushed back my hair, with some of the curls neatly sitting on top. I had now had two glasses of whiskey with Raf and Sergio.

I pushed open the door to my room to see Lira sitting on the floor in front of the mirror curling her hair. She didn't glance back but continued to grab parts of her hair. She wore a figure hugging black dress which stopped at her thighs. Walking closer to her, I could see the low v neck as she chose to go braless.

"Don't get too drunk." She spoke as she looked at me through the floor length mirror. I fell down to my knees beside her and using my hand I stoked her waist. "Why?" I asked with a smile. She smiled her red painted lips at me. "Because I won't give you your present then."

I hummed and looked down at the hair curler in her hand. "Can I try?" I held out a hand. She thought about it. "Just.." She let me have the curler. She sectioned a part of her hair and showed me how to do it. "Like this and then nice and slow. All the way down." She smiled as I concentrated. She let me do the rest of her hair and I just enjoyed spending time with her. "Do you want to have a movie night?" I asked her as I watched her brush out the curls. "Why are you brushing your hair now? I just curled it."  I furrowed my brows.