Chapter 23

TRIGGER WARNINGS:
EXPLICIT LANGUAGE
SWEARING
VIOLENCE
SMOKING/ALCOHOL

—-Flashback—-

"Mom do you think dad will like it?" I asked looking at her with uncertainty. She had her arms crossed as she looked ahead at the car in front of us. It was jet black with red lining on the doors. The windows were tinted and the seats were made of leather.

"Of course he will...just look at it." My mom grinned. I smiled. The car was for fathers day and it was also a replacement for the car I wrecked. Mom and I went for a drive and I just couldn't control the car and ultimately it was destroyed beyond repair.

My dad was pissed to such an extent he swore profusely but eventually he calmed down and he and my mom went out for dinner. My mom didn't even give a shit. I did feel pretty bad about it because he loved his cars.

"I just don't know how you can't drive. I'm very good at driving." Mom chuckled. I looked at her, she was the best mom one could ask for. I grew up in the Mafia world but it never felt scary or too much to handle for I had my mom and dad at my side.

"You can't drive mom. Everyone knows you can't." I grinned at her. Anyone else would have got a dirty look from her but not me. She has always said that I was the most precious person in her life.

"All right all right. Let's go wait inside for your dad." She chuckled and ruffled my hair. I sighed and tried to neaten my hair once more.

We ate while we waited. My dad was out for some business abroad and had been for the past week. I was now old enough at eleven to know more about our business, the work and what I would be doing one day. It did not frighten me, not one bit.

"That fucking bitch..he just pisses me off all the fucking time." Mom growled as she looked down at her phone. I knew who she was talking about, there's one person she hated the most in the world and that was Marcan de Lacoźa. His sister was married to my uncle Kaden so unfortunately we had to remain on some sort of good terms.

My dad hated the man also but he had an agreement with him. He never bothered us and we never bothered him. I only saw the man once and I didn't like the way he looked at my mom. I wasn't raised to be a pussy so I confronted him which he found funny. I swore that one day I would end his fucking life. But perhaps by killing his son it would hurt him more.

"What did he do now?" I asked as I sipped on my water. "Look." My mom showed me her phone screen. There was a video of Marcan groping a woman. Upon a closer look, I saw that it was one of my moms friend. "Oh shit." I furrowed my brows. He was a fucking bastard and he didn't care about what he did. I am sure he did it on purpose to piss my mom off.

"I swear I'll kill him." My mom threatened. The warm sunshine filled the kitchen with bright yellows and soft oranges. It captured her youthful face and her blue eyes shone.

"Just who are you threatening to kill now my love?" My dads voice filled the room. Both my mom and I turned to face my dad. "Nobody." My mom smiled as she rose from her seat. My dad smiled back. This man was brutal and unforgiving. But all I could see was someone who loved me very much.

I watched my mom hug my dad for some time, she kissed his cheek and whispered something  into his ear. Something I probably didn't want to know about hence why I never asked.

"Dad." I greeted and went to give him a hug. "You all right Enzo? Been looking after your mom and by that I mean keeping her out of trouble." He smirked. His face was now much more relaxed and he dropped his facade, he always did.

I nodded as we let go. "I've got you something." I grinned and walked out. My dad followed behind along with my mom. We stopped at the garage and my dad rubbed his eyes as he looked at the car in complete awe.