Chapter 10

TRIGGER WARNINGS:
EXPLICIT LANGUAGE
SWEARING
VIOLENCE/GUN VIOLENCE
BLOOD/GORE

"Now for the moment you've all been waiting for." Lucius announced.

Everyone stopped what they were doing, ceasing their conversations and turned to face the man. Lucius hosted the balls and everyone liked him even though he was fucking annoying. He was also my parents friend so I wasn't all too rude to the man.

He looked ridiculous, opting to wear a metallic looking suit in silver. Fucking hell. I'd definitely throw myself off a cliff than be seen dead in that.

"The party game." Lucius stated as he smiled widely, his white teeth contrasting against his dark skin. I wonder what he has decided to do this year. Last year you had to chose a pill to swallow, one of which was filled with poison. Surprisingly, not a lot of men died. What a shame.

"This year I have something very special in store. Come with me." Lucius waved his hands. Everyone was quick to follow him, chattering amongst themselves. I was also very intrigued. The ideas that man came up with never ceased to amaze.

He soon led us through to a smaller room and it made perfect sense to what he had planned this year. Two equal sized paths were set on the floor. They lay next to one another, one was filled with pieces of broken glass and the other filled with burning hot coals.

Lucius stopped in the middle of the room. "This will be fun. You all have to choose to either walk on the glass or the coal. Or you don't have to do it." He said looking around the room. Everyone exchanged worried looks. Did Lucius go to far this year?

No one dared to bow out. If you did, you would look like a coward. No one wanted that. Especially since we all were criminals. And it would be fucking embarrassing.

"So! Who wants to go first?" Lucius grinned as he clapped his hands together. No one uttered a word. "It's going to be like that is it?" Lucius muttered. I looked at Raf who was beside me. "Is he fucking kidding?" I furrowed my brows. Raf crossed his arms. "Can't believe it. My feet are going to die." He mumbled.

"What are you going to choose Enzo?" He asked. "The glass of course. Perhaps I'll even bathe in it." I slapped Raf on the back of his head. "The coal you idiot."

I watched a man walk towards the two paths. He was unfortunately picked first.

Everyone watched him take off his shoes. If he was wise he would choose to walk on the coals rather than the glass. Your feet would definitely get burned but the healing time would be quick, quicker than getting all the glass shards out of your flesh.

The man decided to pick the coal path and he took his first step. Judging by the way he flinched, the coals were very hot indeed. He gritted his teeth and took another step. His feet were turning red, the fiery embers ate away at his soles, showing no mercy.

He eventually made it across the path. He groaned in pain when his feet touched the cool of the tiled floor. Shit.

Lucius called another name and another man walked hesitatingly towards the paths. He was a large man with broad shoulders. When he removed his shoes, it was absolutely fascinating to see him walk across the glass path. There was bound to be someone who would attempt it. Someone without a brain.

The glass shards immediately dug into his feet and the man yelped much to everyone's enjoyment. Since he already had put one foot in, he had to walk across the entire path. Upon reaching the end of the path, his feet were a bloody mess, glass was embedded in his skin so severely, the man collapsed to the floor unable to stand any longer.

Another man stepped forward to help him up. The glass acted like splinters, the man was groaning profusely. They shortly left the room and the fucking bastard returned.

VICENZOजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें