Chapter 6

TRIGGER WARNINGS:
EXPLICIT LANGUAGE
SWEARING
SMOKING
VIOLENCE/GUN VIOLENCE
BLOOD/DEATH/GORE

I awoke to silence. What a beautiful sound.

My parents had already left for their little trip. I would have loved to have spent more time with them but I am sure I will see them again soon. I also gave Raphael a job. He wouldn't be home for a few hours.

I stretched and sat up, my body feeling fully rested. I ruffled my messy hair and yawned. The daylight flooded into my room, basking me in the warm rays. I sure as shit had a lie in. I was going to enjoy this day to myself. Suddenly, the door to my room was flung open and Mara burst in. Raphael and her really do have no manners. Oh fuck, I do the same.

"You're finally awake!" She grinned as she walked over to me. I furrowed my brows at her and she whistled at me. "Check you out Enzo." She giggled. I was in nothing but my boxers, my tan skin glistened in the light. A sight Mara has seen plenty of fucking times.

"What do you want Mara?" I asked, my voice husky from just waking up. "Me, I want to go shopping and lunch." She smiled as she looked around my large bedroom. "Take a guard. Take Sergio." I waved my hand, trying to get rid of her.

"No but I want to go with you. Get dressed!" She ordered as she left my room. Oh fuck. Now I guess I have plans. I changed into a T-shirt, opting for casual wear. I also shaved so my face was clean cut but no doubt it wouldn't last.

I stepped into the living room and saw Mara giggling into her phone. She was staying for a few days until she had to return home; to Italy. I enjoyed her presence but she does test me at times. She knows I won't say no to her.

I headed for the front door and nudged my head at her. She understood the signal and followed me out, ending her call. "Breakfast first." I said as I pulled out the keys to my car. I always had a car here whenever I came. It's lucky my mom hasn't destroyed it with her track record. It was a sleek grey Ferrari. Simple but powerful.

"All right breakfast first." Mara agreed as she took a seat in the car. I also took a seat, my back hitting the cool leather seat. I gripped the steering wheel and turned the engine on. I turned my head and looked behind me as I backed out of the garage.

"You should shave more often Enzo." Mara said quietly. I looked into her eyes and smiled. "Don't Enzo." She threatened. I turned the car straight and drove off. I drove the speed limit much to Mara's content. I would have loved to have floored it. She practically pissed herself the last time I did.

We soon stopped at a little restaurant. One that I owned. I held the car door open for Mara as she stepped out. She wore washed out jeans and a simple T-shirt. I was glad she took some time out from her job. It seemed very stressful, whereas, my job was less stressful. If someone pissed me off, I didn't think twice about removing them off the face of the earth and with them the stress would magically disappear.

I didn't bring Sergio with me or any of the other guards for I didn't need too. It was highly unlikely someone would threaten my life especially in my own territory.

We both entered the restaurant and I greeted the manager. I sat down at my favourite table, away from the windows and everyone else. "I'll have my usual." I said to the server who came to take our order. Mara hummed as her eyes scanned the menu intently. "I think I'll have the avocado on toast with an extra egg. Make sure  they're soft and the toast crispy but not too crispy. Extra avocado too. And I'll have some orange juice too. Make it two glasses." She looked up at the young server who looked completely bewildered. He walked off no doubt to try to relay this information to the chef.

"What the fuck is not too crispy toast?" I shook my head at Mara. She smiled and planted her head into her hands atop the table. "You know when it's crispy but not too crispy." She said as if she made perfect sense. "Right." I nodded slowly and looked across the room to see a table of three women discreetly pointing at me.

VICENZOOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara