Chapter 51

TRIGGER WARNINGS:
EXPLICIT LANGUAGE
SWEARING
GUN VIOLENCE
SMOKING/ALCOHOL

"You don't like killing in cold blood?" I asked with furrowed brows. He nodded. "Sometimes framing criminals comes in handy. It's a win win. I get to eradicate my little problem and everyone would just think I deserved my revenge...go on I'll let you go." He said as he brushed back his neat hair. I smiled at him. He was definitely fucking smart. I liked that tactic, I may put it to use one day.

I headed upstairs to see Lira laying on her bed, now changed into something even more revealing. My heart did start to race as I looked at her toned legs and then up at her smile. I pulled off my shoes and socks, leaving them by the closed door. I lay down onto the bed beside her, leaving my joggers and T-shirt on. "All those men, touching you." I hummed with a smile. She chuckled and shuffled closer to me. "I was training them..and you, you had to go and show me up." She shook her head. I turned to face her and she moved closer. I planted my lips onto hers and we kissed to make up for the whole week of not seeing each other.

She rested her head on my arm, her leg across mine and she held onto my bandaged hand gently. "I'm sorry for hurting you, but it's a good lesson. What happened?" She asked as she stoked my fingers gently. I cleared my throat. "James the fucking bitch. I told him to leave me the fuck alone and he came back like a fucking parasite. He ordered several men to kill me and I burnt my hand on the stove..we were in a restaurant kitchen." I explained.

She hummed. "If you're scared of the repercussions of killing him, allow me to do it." She offered, but secretly I know she wanted to have fun killing the idiot. I could feel her warm body against mine and I felt so much calmer. "One day." I smiled and pulled her hand towards my lips and kissed the back of it. "Lira." I said as I battled with my nerves. She hummed gently before looking up at me. Here goes nothing. "I've fallen in love with you, I just love you so much, everything about you I fucking love..I love you." I gulped while looking at her. It felt so right. I would gladly be vulnerable for her.

She didn't reply or move for a few seconds. Perhaps she was processing it. She used her hand to stroke my cheek and her lips soon turned into a smile. "Do you remember that day when you were about to die? Well I was fucking scared and I was about to say something and I didn't say it. Enzo, I love you. I've loved you for a while now."

Fuck. She loved me too. What the fuck. The night couldn't get any better. Well I'm sure it could but I think I'd rather just hold her. If this is what love felt like, I wanted it forever.

"So did you kill that girl." I asked after a while. Lira sighed with content. "Of course I did." She yawned and placed her arm across my chest snuggling into me. "I must admit I was at first pleased for Admir that he actually wanted a relationship because he's always on his own, but then, well you know how it turned out...he's so ridiculous he didn't even tell me." Lira spoke softly. I listened quietly, just enjoying being with her again.

"Do you want to go out somewhere tomorrow?" She asked. I smiled. "Where?" I asked. "I need you to go with me to see some men...they won't speak to women, even though I am who I am they look at me like I'm good for nothing." She said. What the fuck?

"What about Admir?" I asked. Surely he would go with her to fucking sort them out. "It's petty. He wouldn't bother..but you would." She said with a smile running though her words. "And why would I bother for such pettiness?" I smiled amused with her. "Because Enzo, I love you and I need your help." She rubbed my chest slowly with her hand and soon she fell asleep. She was right, I would do anything for her and if speaking to some men about a petty affair would make her happy, then so be it.

I awoke the next day and groaned as I opened my eyes. I stretched out my arms and let out a satisfied sigh. Sitting upright, I saw that Lira was looking though her dark oak dresser. I paid special attention to her ass as she rummaged around, growling in frustration. "Fuck." She seethed through clenched teeth. She stood upright and placed her hands on her hips. Her dark jeans were definitely made for her. Turning to face me, she let go of her apparent anger and replaced it with a smile.