Chapter 39

TRIGGER WARNINGS:
EXPLICIT LANGUAGE
SWEARING
VIOLENCE/GUN VIOLENCE
SMOKING/ALCOHOL
BLOOD/DEATH/GORE

Enzo's Pov

I stitched up Lira's leg, knowing exactly how to do it. She passed out from the pain. Afterwards, I sent Raf away and Sergio stood outside on high alert. Fucking hell. I did not see it coming. The two men that tailed us, they were being so obvious it was quite funny. I thought I would be able to kill them and I did but two dozen men blocked the road and ultimately we had to jump to save ourselves. What did I expect? We were in Russia after all and we did humiliate them.

I looked down at Lira's leg. It was my fault. I suggested we come to Russia and even after my mom told me not to fuck with them, I still did. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

I grabbed a towel from the bathroom and cleaned Lira up, wiping the blood and mud off her. I changed her clothes and dried her hair as best I could. She was now asleep on the bed, the sheets being wrapped around her to keep her warm. Her leg was bandaged neatly. In that moment, when the bullets were firing at us, I was always going to save her.

The hot water ran down my cold body in a steady stream as I stood underneath the shower. Blood, mud and sweat washed away. My head throbbed but I couldn't think about the pain. Only them. It was them. Dimitri and Jasha were as good as dead.

After a long while, I stepped out from the shower and dried myself. The mirror showed that I had a cut on my forehead. It wasn't very deep so I didn't need to stitch it up. In only my boxers, I lay beside Lira. Sleep never came and instead I smoked and paced until morning finally arrived.

"You didn't sleep?" Lira mumbled though droopy eyes. I smiled gently and crouched down beside the bed. Using my hand, I brushed her hair away from her face and stoked her cheek. "How are you feeling?" I asked. She hummed and sat upright. Looking down at her leg, she ran her fingers over her bandaged calf. "Did you do this?" She furrowed her brows at me. I nodded. "Thank you and I'm good, I feel fine." She smiled. I felt her fingers touch my head as she observed me. "Oh Enzo. I'll kill them." She brushed my hair with her fingers. I caught her hand and kissed the back of it. "We will."

I helped her get dressed even though I wanted her to rest but she insisted she wanted to go and kill them too. I could hardly stop her.

Raf, Sergio, Lira and I were sat having some food while forming a plan to rid the world of the Russians. At least Dimitri and Jasha for those were the ones behind this, I'm sure of it. "Jasha is at a club." Sergio stated after finding out the intel. "At this time of day?" Raf scoffed looking confused as fuck. It was just past midday. "They're fucking stupid, what did you expect?" Lira shook her head.

"That's good. He's alone. We'll go in and corner him-" I spoke before getting cut off by Raf. "He'll notice us straight away dipshit." He grinned. I rubbed my eyes and flipped him off. "Might I suggest something?" Lira spoke up. "Raf is right. He will notice you and when he does he will run...but you see men in clubs, they don't notice women. Sure they notice the boobs, the ass but they never notice the face. Give them a pretty girl and they'll bend over backwards." She added.

"No." I said, dismissing her idea entirely. "I'm fine! All I'll do is lure him somewhere private and you can ambush him there." She spoke up. "Enzo, it'll be easy."

"That's a good idea. No one will see it coming, not even Jasha." Sergio remarked. "And if he does lay a finger on her, I'll break every bone in his body." Raf added. I sighed giving in to her.

"And what about Dimitri?" Lira asked. Sergio chuckled. "We can do the same exact plan. He's staying at a hotel." He looked between Raf and I. "What's so funny?" Raf asked him and sipped his water. "Lira can't seduce him." Sergio grinned. "What the fuck do you mean? Of course I can." Lira defended herself looking taken aback.