Chapter 9 - Bandaids

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ .·:·.*═══╗

Bandaids

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ .·:·.*═══╝

"No way you're joking," Areum laughed as Suho told her what he had requested from Jugyeong.

The two students were on their way to a meeting hosted by the teachers and since she was one of the top students in her class, she was requested to be there as well as Suho and Soo-jin. 

"Nope, I think she already performed." Suho said referring to the task he gave Jugyeong. 

Suho had met Jugyeong at the rooftop earlier after inviting her for lunch. After they finished eating Suho had told her about her last and final task. She had to perform at the school talent show.

As the two were about to walk into the auditorium they heard music starting to play which made them both stop in their footsteps. 

"What's going on?" Soo-jin asked as she walked up behind them and rested her head on Areum's shoulder to look. 

On the stage was Jugyeong trying to dance to the song "Maria" by Hwasa. It would've been great if she was performing it for students, but since she was dancing in front of teachers and staff this was embarrassing. 

Areum watched the girl feeling sorry since Suho basically made this happen. However when she looked over at him and saw him fight back a smile at the girl's performance every ounce of sympathy went away once again. 

She couldn't lie to herself and say she wasn't jealous. After all before Jugyeong appeared in their lives, the only girl Suho ever paid attention to, or showed affection for, was Areum. He barely even acknowledged Soo-jin. Areum knew she shouldn't feel this way but she couldn't help but dislike the fact that Suho was warming up to Jugyeong. But she didn't know why she had felt that way. 

Soo-jin who had witness the whole interaction and saw that the girl she rested her head on was looking down with a huge frown on her face and she felt bad. She and Areum were close friends, even though Soo-jin may not be Areum's closest friend but Areum was hers. And she wasn't about to let her best friend get hurt. 

"Please vote for me!" Jugyeong exclaimed with a huge smile on her face after her performance was over. However her smile quickly dropped as the lights came on and she realized that she wasn't performing in front of students. 

She quickly apologized and ran off the stage in tears from embarrassment. 

Areum looked over to Suho and seeing that he was no longer fighting back a smile and looked like he wanted to run after her. She did feel bad for Jugyeong, but the little demon on her left shoulder took over and didn't want Suho going after her. 

Soo-jin who was watching them realized what Areum was thinking so she quickly grabbed Suho's arm making his attention turn back to them. 

"Come on we have a meeting to attend," she said using her other hand to grab Areum's arm before dragging them both into the auditorium. 

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

"Do we have academy this weekend?" Areum asked Suho after the teacher left the room. 

School was finally over but students stayed behind in the classroom to talk to friends. 

"Yes I think so," Suho replied gathering and putting all of his things into his backpack and then reaching over to help Areum pack her bag so he could walk with her.