Chapter 43 - Reflection

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ .·:·.*═══╗

Reflection

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ .·:·.*═══╝

"I never thought Soo-ah would be the type to do it," Suho said as he playing with Areum's fingers with one hand wrapped around her waist, while she rested on top of him and cuddled into his warm chest. 

"Me too, I wish I knew her reasoning though," Areum mumbled feeling Suho rest his head on top of hers. 

They were currently cuddled up laying on a couch in the comic shop after school since they hadn't visited the place in a while. Usually they'd read books but needing a break from current situations, they decided to just soak up the comfort of each others' presence. 

"You're actually working with Jugyeong?" Suho questioned surprised making Areum look up at him and nod. "We aren't friends but Soo-ah's messing with her just as much as us, so why not be civil?"

"All along I thought Jugyeong was behind all of this, but it turns out to be another friend of yours." Suho sighed clasping both of their hands together before getting more comfortable on the couch. The couch was not as comfortable to lay on due to the fact that Suho was too tall, but feeling the warmth of Areum on his chest and seeing the way she looked at ease, he didn't want to complain. 

"I really wish it wasn't Soo-ah either, but the evidence was right on Jugyeong's phone I saw it with my own eyes." Areum muttered as a flashback of scrolling through Jugyeong's phone popped into her mind. Even though Jugyeong only had her account pulled up to show her, Areum couldn't help but go through the messages between Soo-ah and her. After seeing the demanding messages from Soo-ah to Jugyeong, she did begin to put pieces together. 

The day that the four of them went shopping together, she had thought it was weird how Soo-ah said that she needed to get something for Tae-hoon at the jewelry store when Jugyeong had suggested going, but Soo-ah knew that Tae-hoon didn't like to wear jewelry. And the fact that she also felt someone creeping over her shoulder while she looked at the accessories-

"Baby, you okay?" Suho asked softly after seeing Areum's eyebrows furrowed in deep thought. Areum looked up at him breaking away from her thoughts, smiling as she saw him look down at her with adoration filled eyes. 

"Yes, but I do have a question for you." Areum mumbled softly making Suho perk up. 

"What made you change your mind?" She asked looking away from him while Suho appeared confused upon hearing her question. 

"What do you mean?" he question while Areum took a breath before replying. 

"Why don't you like Jugyeong anymore?" Areum asked again, with hesitancy this time. Not sure if his answer was going to heal or break her. 

Seeing Areum's vulnerable state Suho sighed lightly. 

"I think it was after we got caught by the media. I realized then that I enjoyed being seen with you," he started as Areum built the courage to look him in the eye now.

His breath hitched as her pretty brown eyes gazes into his. 

Continuing his story, he twirled a strand of her hair around on his finger. 

"I realized that I actually adored you. Loved you. Loved being seen with you. Loved me being acknowledge as yours. And as we both know, I did like Jugyeong." 

Areum had to hold herself back from an eyeroll. 

"But I found out that it wasn't the same type of love after being alone with her. After time I began to view her as a sister. I wasn't in love with her. I loved her as a sister. I didn't want her to be bullied for her looks, because I knew what she looked like without makeup. No one deserves to go through that. I hate school bullies. I hate bullies in general." Suho explained, voice trailing off a the last sentence in remembrance of his late friend that got accused of being a school bully. But only ended up being bullied by the media. 

Areum stroke his arm softly, and nodded in understanding, before the topic could get more sensitive for the boy. She leaned back down on him while Suho continued playing with her hair. 

Breathing in his calm and comforting scent, Areum opening up her messages to Soo-jin. 

Jinnybb: just wait until I get my hands on that bitch I stg

Areum💗: tempting, but unfortunately we both want to go to college

Jinnybb: this is where Suho comes in and pays our way in

Areum💗: ur so genius

Areum💗: but wait

Areum💗: what if instead we mess with her head

Jinnybb: brilliant bsf, have I ever told you that ily?

"You're going to manipulate her?" Suho questioned as he read the messages as he looked over her shoulder. 

Typing back a reply to Soo-jin, Areum replied with a smile on her face, "messed with us the entire time, I'd say we're just getting even." 

"Soo-jin wants us to meet her at the mall court." Areum said upon receiving her message. 

Suho lifted Areum off of him gently and helped her onto her feet. 

"Ready?" He held out his hand for her showing off his bright cheesy smile Areum adored. 

"Whenever you are," Areum smiled back, taking his hand as he led her out of the shop before waving down a taxi.