Chapter 17 - Dinner at Jugyeong's

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ .·:·.*═══╗

Dinner at Jugyeong's

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ .·:·.*═══╝

"I can't believe he had the audacity to show up," Suho exclaimed frustrated as Areum rubbed his arm in hopes of calming him down. 

Areum was never the one to bash someone's parent. But Suho's father was an absolute ass, anyone could agree to that. 

The pair walked towards the comic store that they both love and treasure but only to be stopped by a familiar woman. 

"Lee Suho and Cha Areum!" The woman exclaimed while Areum started to realize who she was. 

"What are you doing in this part of the neighborhood?" Jugyeong's mother asked as she carried a bag of groceries. 

"We were about to go visit the comic store," Suho pointed behind her making her nod. 

"Ahh, you both do need a break from your studies." She nodded then adding, "I wish Jugyeong actually studied."

Areum noticed that Jugyeong's mother was struggling to carry her bag of groceries and therefore asked if she needed help. 

"Do you need help with your groceries?" Areum offered as Hyun-sook, Jugyeong's mother, smiled graciously. 

"Yes, thank you dear," she replied passing her the bag which Suho took since he thought that if it was heavy for Jugyeong's mother, then Areum shouldn't have to be the one to carry it so he did. 

Suddenly Hyun-sook started smiling like a psycho and walked up closer to the two teenagers. 

"Would you two like to come over for dinner?" She offered, hoping that they'd say yes to her invitation since she wanted to be on the good side of both fathers. 

"N-yes." Suho cut Areum off answering for them. 

To be honest Areum did not want to go, since it was Jugyeong's mother and she felt as if it'd be awkward. But since Suho loves being a good kid in front of adults, now she had to go with him. 

✧⋄⋆⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋆⋄✧

"Mom I'm home!" The voice of Jugyeong screamed as everyone heard the front door open and close. Areum watched the girl as she walked in and started taking off her socks after setting down her book bag. 

After realizing that they had guests over Jugyeong quickly stood up and pull her socks up and straighten up. 

"I found them when I came back getting groceries," Hyun-sook said to her daughter who was still frozen in place seeing the two popular students standing in her home. 

Areum waved, however Jugyeong didn't wave back. Jugyeong quickly grabbed her mother before pulling her into the kitchen to have a private conversation. 

No one said anything as Suho, Areum, and the rest of Jugyeong's family members stood in awkward silence hearing the yelling between Jugyeong and her mother in the kitchen. 

"Jugyeong, Areum, could you two please get the table?" Hyun-sook asked after Jugyeong walked out.

Areum nodded and followed Jugyeong upstairs. 

"Why are you here?" Jugyeong asked as the two stood on chairs in order to reach the table that was on top of a shelf. 

Areum instantly felt the unwelcoming energy from the girl who stood in front of her and knew that they weren't friends anymore, if they ever had been in the first place.