Chapter 14 - Tears

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ .·:·.*═══╗

Tears

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ .·:·.*═══╝

Areum picked up the ball before tossing it over to Soo-jin. They were currently in gym class and Soo-jin was her partner as they practice tossing the ball around. 

"WATCH OUT!" A voice was heard yelling before Areum was tackled to the ground. 

Areum opened her eyes to see Suho on top of her making her eyes widen. 

She stopped breathing for a moment since he was so close to her and she was nervous. 

Suho realized that he was still on top of her so he quickly got up and dust himself off before holding out a hand that Areum took, helping herself stand up. 

"Sorry a ball almost hit you," Suho said scratching the back of his neck. 

"Thanks then."

"You know, you're really dramatic it was just a ball," Seo-jun spoke up from few feet away.

"Says the one with a whole crowd of people following him everywhere," Soo-jin retorted as Seo-jun scoffed waving her off.

"Are you alright Areum?" Soo-jin asked walking over and Areum nodded. 

"Suho are you playing in the basketball game tomorrow?" Soo-jin questioned looking at him. 

Suho nodded before walking off and the girls resumed playing their game.  

As they participated in their gym class activities, they overheard a loud voice nearby. 

"PLEASE LET SEO-JUN PARTICIPATE IN THE BASKETBALL GAME TOMORROW JUGYEONG!" 

Areum and Soo-jin quickly looked over to where the voice was shouting to and saw Seo-jun taunting Jugyeong. 

"So do you want me to play?" Seo-jun asked walking closer to Jugyeong who started stuttering and backing up. 

"I mean- if you want." Jugyeong said trying to smile at him. 

Seo-jun then held his hand out asking for a ball from another student. 

"Since Jugyeong wants me to play, I'll play." He said and loud cheers could be heard from the players on the opposing team. 

✧⋄⋆⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋆⋄✧

"What's up?" Suho said taking a seat next to Areum at the bus stop who scoffed upon hearing his words. 

'Is he serious? We've barely talked these couple of days and he asks what's up,' Areum thought bitterly. 

But she didn't say anything, she just smiled and said "Nothing."

Suho could tell she was lying. He loved her smile and he could tell how different she smiled this time, initiating that she was in fact lying. 

"Are you okay?" Suho asked assuming that someone had hurt her. 

Areum blinked at him but didn't say anything. 

Suho noticed this and moved over closer to her making Areum tense up.

"Come on ma amour, tell me what's wrong," he teased nudging and shaking her slightly making her laugh at his awful attempt in speaking French. 

However she still felt her cheeks heat up at the nickname he attempted to call her, she didn't speak French but she had watched enough romance movies to know what 'ma amour' meant. 

"Nothing mon amour I'm fi-" She was cut off as Suho began tickling her sides and the girl bursted out laughing. 

"Suho, Suho stop," Areum said trying to push his hands away and calm down his breathing. 

She successfully pushed his hands away from her as the bus arrived. 

In a much better mood now, Areum quickly grabbed his hand and pulled him after her skipping on the bus. 

She paid for both of their fees and found a spot for the two of them. 

"I was going to take a taxi, but okay." Suho rolled his eyes playfully at the girl who smirked. 

"Right, so why'd you come and sit at a bus stop," She questioned as he waved her off knowing that she caught him. 

Suho pulled out his phone and Areum caught a glance of his wallpaper. 

"I didn't know you took that picture," Areum laughed seeing the image of her dancing at karaoke being Suho's lock screen. 

"Don't act like you don't have pictures of me that I don't know about," he said making Areum nod in silence because he wasn't lying. The two constantly took pictures of each other without them noticing. 

"Will you meet me at the basketball court at the park tonight?" Suho asked making Areum look at him and wonder why he wanted to meet at a basketball court. 

"I have to practice for the game tomorrow," Suho added making Areum nod understanding why.

"Sure, after all I'm great at basketball." Areum winked at him. 

But then a notification popped up on Suho's phone catching her attention. 

She couldn't help but look over and see that it was a message from Jugyeong. 

Areum felt her mood go down once more and pretended like she didn't see a thing. 

But once she saw Suho smiling down at his phone she nudged him and asked, "What are you smiling at?"

The next sentence he said pretty much broke the girl's heart. 

"I'm going to the movies with Jugyeong." 

Areum could feel tears forming but she quickly gave him a bright smile and replied with a simple, "have fun!"

Not wanting to be sitting next to Suho anymore she quickly got up as soon as the bus hit the next stop. 

"Wait where are you going?" Suho asked grabbing her arm, but Areum wasn't facing him. She didn't want him to see her already glossy eyes. 

"I um, I forgot something," Areum managed to get out while trying to push the lump in her throat away. 

She quickly ran off the bus and waited for the bus to drive away so she could get a taxi to take her home instead. 

Finally a taxi came and she quickly got in and told the driver her address. 

She quickly set her things next to her and soon got lost in her thoughts. 

She couldn't understand why she was so upset over something so small. She didn't want Suho knowing she was crying over something like this since she didn't want to seem possessive. After all he wasn't hers to be possessive over. 

'He's not even my boyfriend why am I so upset?' She asked herself before freezing in realization. 

'Boyfriend.' 

Areum's mind went blank before coming to a conclusion. 

Cha Areum had fallen for her best friend, but he liked someone else. 

"Miss are you okay?" The driver asked looking at her through the mirror and breaking her away from her thoughts. 

Areum looked up at the mirror wondering why he asked and then realized when she saw her reflection. 

She had tears running down her face and she didn't even know it. 

Areum quickly wiped away her salty tears before nodding. 

She knew she wasn't okay but at least she could pretend that she was.