Chapter 29 - Final Game

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ .·:·.*═══╗

Final Game

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ .·:·.*═══╝

"Popcorn?" A salesperson asked Areum as she was on her way to find her seat in the loud noisy stadium. 

Areum debated on buying since she already had two bags of sour patch kids, her favorite candy, but a voice behind her spoke up. "Two bags please." 

She turned around and saw Suho smiling cheekily at her after paying and receiving his popcorn. "Where are you sitting?" he asked hoping that they'd sit together.

"VIP section. Hyeong-jin invited me." Areum said smiling knowing that he in fact, did not have access to the VIP section cause she was sure that he only paid for regular seats. 

Suho looked gave a look of irritation at the baseball field where the star player would be playing before returning back into the stadium building as Areum shrugged and walked off to her seat. 

She sat all her stuff down on the empty seat next to her and scrolled through her phone as she waited for the players to enter the field and for the game to finally start. 

"The sun's bright isn't it?" A voice said as he sat down next to Areum who already figured out who he was. 

"You really paid hundreds for a ticket just so you can come and annoy me?" 

Suho nodded proudly as Areum rolled her eyes at him before turning her attention to the game that had started. 

"You're a big fan of him huh?" Suho asked as he glanced up and down at her attire, examining the jersey that she was wearing with Hyeong-jin's name on the back, while Areum tried not to blush at the fact that he was sort of checking her out. 

"Well I'm here for him so obviously I'm going to support him," Areum replied not evening looking over at him while Suho chuckled. 

"I never knew you cared for the man."

"You seem to know less about me as time goes on," Areum replied hinting at him how they were drifting apart and it was mainly his fault. 

Suho, who caught the hint nodded understanding why she had been so upset with him. He couldn't blame her, he'd be mad at himself too. But she had to understand that it wasn't like he was doing it on purpose, he had liked Jugyeong and how was he going to get closer to her if he was always with Areum? 

Areum continued to watch the game even though she was distracted by her thoughts, but still making sure she was clapping and cheering every time their score increased. 

She was beyond confused on what she should do. Confronting Suho about the kiss was definitely not an option. She didn't want to tell him her feelings and only to have him change his in matter of seconds just like he did with Jugyeong. She knew what he did wasn't right and she didn't want it happening to her. 

But she knew she had genuine feelings for him and didn't want to do anything but run into his arms and for him to make her his girlfriend. But she knew better than to do that, plus she was sure that Soo-jin and Seo-jun would have her head if she did actually do that. 

This wasn't her first crush but this was the first crush she had that was this big. She didn't exactly know what to do about it but she definitely was not going to be the one to make the first move. 

"Do you want some popcorn?" Suho asked offering her the bag but Areum shook her head. 

"GO HYEONG-JIN!" She screamed standing up to clap for him as she noticed that he had hit a home run. 

"Why are you cheering so loud, I'm sure he's going to lose. The opposing team has more points," Suho pointed out as Areum sat back down. 

"A part of me does want him to lose so he doesn't have to leave for America, but I can't be selfish when loosing the game will damage his career." Areum explained. 

She had been talking to him ever since he went to her school to invite her to his final game. She had explained everything that was going on to him and he understood her and knew that they weren't going to have a romantic relationship. Nonetheless, they had decided to stay as friends and they were great at being each other's support systems. 

"ANOTHER HOME RUN!" The intercom's speaker blasted through the stadium and both Areum and Suho jumped up and celebrated. 

Areum was confused on why Suho was cheering since he was so sure that they were going to lose but Suho wanted to show his support since he needed Hyeong-jin to win and go overseas since he thought that he was his competition. 

As the game went on and scores increased Suho and Areum both were standing up and cheering for Hyeong-jin's team. For the first time in a while both were seen actually smiling and having fun together

"YES!" Suho screamed in joy as the announced the winning team as he jumped up and down tightly hugging Areum who was happy for her friend as well. 

"Wow I think you might like Hyeong-jin more than me, want his number?" Areum teasingly offered as Suho shook his head very quickly. 

"Come on, let's go congratulate him!" Areum exclaimed grabbing his arm and tugging him to the lobby as she waited for him to come out. 

"Areum!" Hyeong-jin shouted as he jogged up to hug Areum after spotting her. 

"Congratulations!" Areum beamed proudly at the boy who smiled back before seeing Suho. 

"And you are...?" He asked confused waiting on Suho to introduce himself. 

"Lee Suho. Congratulations on your win." Suho said forcing a smile on him even though he did not necessary admire the man. 

"Thank you. I've heard lots about you," He teased glancing over at Areum who stood awkwardly between the two boys. 

"Good things I hope?" Suho asked nervously trying to ease the tension while Hyeong-jin laughed nervously. 

"Uhh sure." 

Suho gulped and was now curious on finding out what Areum had said about him. 

"Anyways, I'm going to miss you." Areum frowned turning to face the baseball player as he smiled back sadly at her.

"I know, I'll miss you too." He said ruffling her hair. He was glad that they stayed friends after her rejection. He knew who her heart belonged to and even though he was happy with who her heart chose, as a friend of hers it was his job to be supportive no matter what. 

"Goodbye, thank you for listening to my rants at 2 am." Arum mumbled into his chest knowing he had to leave for the airport after this. 

Suho stood there awkwardly glancing at the two unhappy people who were hugging and his mood instantly brighten a little bit once they broke apart. 

"Of course. Take care of yourself, I'll see you again someday." Hyeong-jin said to Areum as he stepped back before turning to Suho. 

"Take care of her for me." He said before nodding at the two of them before having to board his bus to the airport. 

Areum waved sadly at him as she watched his bus drive off knowing the chance of ever seeing him again would be low. 

Suho who didn't like the baseball player but didn't want Areum feeling sad, he walked over to her and placed an arm around her shoulder.

"You'll see him again, he'll be back." He reassured as Areum nodded even though she knew he was saying that to comfort her. 

✧⋄⋆⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋆⋄✧

What do we think? 😁