Chapter 35 - Hospital Realizations

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ .·:·.*═══╗

Hospital Realizations

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ .·:·.*═══╝

As both girls arrived in front of the hospital they immediately ran inside to the receptionist's desk. 

"Which room is Lee Suho and Han Seo-jun in," Areum demanded to the receptionist who was surprised to see two teenage girls in front of her panting as if they had just ran a marathon. 

"Are you a family member or-" 

"She asked what room they were in. The answer would come in the form of a numeral." Soo-jin said cutting her off. 

"Miss, I can't just give out information like that. What are you to them?" The receptionist asked once again as she typed on her computer while having a hand on the phone incase she needed to call security. 

"We're their frie-"

"Girlfriends. We are their girlfriends." Areum said interrupting Soo-jin while praying that she could just give them the room number so that they could be on their way. 

"I'm sorry but it only says that family members are available to know at this time." The receptionist replied only fueling to both of the girls' anger. 

"Listen, our fathers literally help fund this hospital. I don't think that they'd be pleased to get a call from us saying that you wouldn't even let us see our harmed boyfriends." Soo-jin threatened while holding up her cell phone, even though she knew that her father wouldn't be much help if he found out about Seo-jun. 

"Wait you guys are the daughters of Mr. Kang and Mr. Bang?" the receptionist asked surprised while the two girls in front of her rolled their eyes. 

"JUST GIVE US THE ROOM NUMBER!" Areum exclaimed tired of how slow the lady was. Suho could be dying while this woman in front of her was so concerned over who she was.

"Room 318, they're in the same room." she answered quite frightened at the girl's outburst.

"Thank you," Areum huffed before running to the given room with Soo-jin following close behind her. 

Areum felt a lump form in her throat as soon as she saw Suho laying on the hospital bed with a cast over his leg and scratches all over his arms and face. She quickly ran over and placed a finger under his nose and sighed in relief once the warm air hit her finger making her know that he was alive and breathing. 

"How dare you get into a car crash! Do you know how worried I was?" Areum heard Soo-jin shout at Seo-jun who was trying his best to not laugh at the stressed out girl. 

"Don't worry, have you seen these muscles? A simple car crash isn't enough to kill me." Seo-jun joked as he held up the arm that was in a cast. 

"Oh my gosh, I can not wait until that arm heals so I can break it." Soo-jin scoffed as she took a seat next to Seo-jun. 

"Well I'm glad you're okay," Areum said to Seo-jun while he nodded at her noticing how she still seemed worried about the sleeping boy. 

"Don't worry, he'll wake up soon. Flying after being hit by a car really does drain your energy."

Areum's eyes widened at Seo-jun's words. "The impact was that strong?" 

"Yes, but luckily I was there so-" Seo-jun started before getting cut off due to Soo-jin's light slap on his arm. 

"Don't worry Areum, he's only just sleeping he'll be up soon." Soo-jin reassured Areum who smiled at her before turning her attention back on Suho. 

"You know, you really aren't suppose to be abusing hospital patients." Seo-jun mumbled as Soo-jin fought back a smile by pretending to look out the window that was in the hospital room. 

As she waited for Suho to wake up, it was getting quite late and she couldn't help but drift off to sleep in the hospital chair.

After sleeping for a few hours, she got woken up by Seo-jun accusing Soo-jin of cheating on their little board game that they were currently playing to pass time.

Areum gently placed Suho's hand under the covers after feeling how cold his hand was. After noticing a piece of hair covering his eye, she carefully reached over to move it. 

As she moved the piece of hair, Suho's eyes fluttered open at her light touch.

"Oh my god you're awake." Areum exclaimed happily as she carefully placed her arms around him not wanting to harm the boy. Suho immediately wrapped his arms around her, happy to see her after his life threatening situation where he had thought he was going to die. 

"Do you need anything? Water? Food?" Areum asked as they broke away while Suho smiled at her caring behavior. 

"No. Just you."

"Alright I'll call the nurse- oh." Areum coughed as her cheeks flushed red making Suho laugh. 

"You really scared me you know?" Areum admitted looking down into her lap as she fidgeted with her hands. "I don't know what I would've done if I had actually lost you."

"Well I didn't die-"

"No duh." Seo-jun interrupted the two across from them as Soo-jin tried to shush him. 

"Wow what a beautiful night! Seo-jun let's go walk around the hospital. I really want to see um, the surgery room," Soo-jin exclaimed while helping Seo-jun stand up and leave the room so they could leave the two alone. 

"They'd be so cute together," Areum chuckled as she laid her head, facing away from him, on the hospital bed while Suho ran his fingers through her hair. 

"Never knew that Kang Soo-jin would be the one to bring out his soft side. Heck if you told me that a year ago I would've laughed in your face and told you to tell me a funnier joke," Suho chuckled as he twirled a strand of Areum's hair around his finger. 

"I hope he asks her out soon," Areum yawned still tired even though she did take a two hour nap.  It was two in the morning and she still had school the next day.

"I hope so too, but I'm sure Mr. Kang won't like that very much." Suho sighed knowing how awful Soo-jin's father was. He wasn't the biggest fan of Seo-jun but at least he made Soo-jin happy and that was what mattered. She deserved the happiness after everything her father had put her through.

"Well he'll have to deal with it or he can catch these hands that are rated E for everyone including a certain elderly," Areum mumbled into the sheets. 

"I'll be there to support you if he manages to beat you," Suho smiled while Areum scoffed. 

"Right. What are you going to do? Run him over in a wheelchair?" 

"Yes." Suho replied making Areum smile as she began to drift off to sleep. 

Suho watched, admiring the girl as she slept. Soo-jin and Seo-jun wasn't the only couple that he wanted together. After almost dying he knew he had to ask Areum to be his soon. He had almost left Earth without letting Areum know his true feelings. Life was short and could be taken away so easily, he shouldn't be out here wasting time like this. He knew he had to confess soon and hopefully make her, his.  

He laid there thinking and planning on how he would tell her as he intertwined his hand with hers and placed them on the bed. 

Take her to Paris and confess on the Eiffel Tower? 

Have an airplane skywrite the words 'Will you be mine' in the sky? 

He decided that it wasn't good enough. Areum had money, she could easily pay for all those things herself. It wasn't as meaningful since she had the money to fly to Paris for lunch then fly right back. He needed something better and he wanted it done as soon as possible. 

It was funny how the last time they were in a hospital, Suho was confessing to Areum about his feelings for Jugyeong. And now he was thinking of ways to confess to Areum.