Chapter 26 - Tear Stained Face

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ .·:·.*═══╗

Tear Stained Face

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ .·:·.*═══╝

Everyone stood up and clapped for Seo-jun after he finished his performance, Soo-jin being the loudest of them all.

"TURNS OUT HAN SEO-JUN IS ACTUALLY GOOD AT SOMETHING!" She shouted as she clapped and cheered for him making him blush on stage in front of the students.

Areum clapped loudly for her friend even though she could barely see him through the blurred vision caused by the tears in her eyes.

"Why didn't he tell me he could sing?" Soo-jin asked smiling until she turned over to Areum and noticed her glossy eyes, while Seo-jun walked off the stage and headed towards them.

"What's wrong?" Soo-jin asked concerned why Areum's bottom lip began quivering as she desperately tried to hold in the tears that were about to spill.

"What happened?" Seo-jun asked as he approached them while Soo-jin looked behind Areum and noticed Tae-hoon giving Jugyeong a jacket that looked identical to Suho's.

"I'm okay, I promise." Areum said while her own tears had deceived her and began to fall.

Areum quickly wiped her tears not wanting to attract attention from others around them.

"Seo-jun take Areum to the bridge, I have something I need to do." Soo-jin instructed as she ran off to follow Jugyeong.

Seo-jun instantly wrapped an arm around Areum and followed Soo-jin's instructions without any hesitation and walked towards the bridge just like how Soo-jin instructed.

As they arrived at the bridge Seo-jun instantly made Areum sit down in order to catch her breath since she was panting and crying all at the same time.

"Are you going to tell me what's wrong?" He asked looking at her with full concern.

"Suho likes Jugyeong," Areum struggled to let out since she kept hiccuping but Seo-jun understood what she had said.

He didn't know how to reply to that so he simply just rubbed her back in support while the girl sobbed in his arms.

"Why does he like her? Why is she better than me? I mean, I don't think I'm ugly am I?" Areum mumbled quietly as the tears kept streaming down her face.

"No definitely not," Seo-jun said hugging her tightly. He was upset that a girl like Areum was letting someone like Jugyeong bring down her self esteem. He was also upset about how Areum was sitting her questioning her worth while Suho was doing everything else but comfort her.

"Then why can't Suho like me? What does she have that I don't?" Areum frowned as Seo-jun wiped her tears with his sleeve.

"If we're being honest here I think Suho lacks a lot of common sense," Seo-jun tried to cheer her up as he fixed her hair.

Meanwhile from a few feet away Suho stood watching them. He wanted to know why Areum was crying and wanted to go comfort her, but Seo-jun was already there.

He was about to approach them until he remembered the instructions Tae-hoon had given him and quickly walked off until he bumped into Soo-jin.

"Watch where you're going," Soo-jin glared at him as a necklace fell out of his pocket, catching Soo-jin attention.

Soo-jin quickly bent down to pick it up but before she could ask him about it, Suho had snatched it out of her hands.

"Hey where are you going?" Soo-jin yelled as Suho ran off. She debated on following him since she managed to grab his jacket from Jugyeong but decided on meeting up with Seo-jun and Areum instead.

"You're finally here," Seo-jun said getting up as Soo-jin approached them.

Soo-jin placed Suho's jacket into Areum's hands before grabbing her hand to rush after Suho while Seo-jun followed quickly behind them.

After spotting him hiding behind a rock, the trio hid at a close distance from him making sure they could hear him, but at the same time he couldn't see them.

✧⋄⋆⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋆⋄✧

As soon as Suho saw Jugyeong running by being chased by a group of students he instantly reached out and pulled her behind the rock with him.

Before Jugyeong could scream Suho placed a hand over her mouth keeping her quiet as the rest of the kids ran past them.

"Ahh thank you, I don't know why they were chasing me." Jugyeong said relieved that he saved her.

"You're welcome," Suho replied looking back behind him making sure they were all gone so he could be left alone.

"Can we throw rocks at them?" Seo-jun whispered quietly to Soo-jin as the threw of them hid behind a bush. "No hush," Soo-jin whispered back as Areum stayed silent watching the scene play out in front of her.

"Are you sure? All three of us have good aim, we could just throw them and knock the two of them out," Seo-jun insisted as he picked up a rock while Soo-jin placed her hand on his wrist making him place the rock back down.

"Why did you save me?" Jugyeong asked confused while looking at the boy in front of her who smiled at her, knowing that he'd be confessing tonight.

"Because I like you," he finally said making Jugyeong freeze as well as the ones that were currently in hiding freeze.

Areum looked down at the jacket in her hand. She wasn't surprised, she saw this coming. But it still had hurt. Before she knew it, her cheeks were wet again and her nose was starting to turn red.

She looked back at the two in pain as she watched Suho lean in and kiss Jugyeong, which meant Jugyeong was the one who stole his first kiss.

Seo-jun picked up a rock and threw it at the rock behind them, so it made a noise and their kiss was interrupted.

"Whose there?" Suho called out as Jugyeong hid her face behind him, since she had no makeup on.

Seo-jun didn't even try hiding his identity but casually walked out from behind the bush as the other two followed him not even caring that they were interrupting Jugyeong and Suho's moment.

"Areum?" Suho questioned once he saw her behind Soo-jin and instantly walked towards her as soon as he saw the tear stains on her cheeks along with fresh ones.

"What's wrong?" He said cupping her face while Areum quickly pushed his hands away.

"Nothing. I think this belongs to you," Areum spat and threw the his jacket at him then left him standing there, appalled at her behavior.

Quickly snapping out of it he ran after her while Soo-jin and Seo-jun watched and let him run after her.

"You really think we should leave him with her?" Seo-jun questioned Soo-jin who shrugged.

"I'm hoping they'll fix their problems," Soo-jin replied before turning her attention on Jugyeong who was still standing there with her back turns toward them.

Seo-jun instantly went to turn her around but stepped back once he didn't recognize Jugyeong's bare face.

"Who even are you?" He questioned looking at her up and down, confused.

Soo-jin noticed the girl's clothes and connected the dots. She knew that Jugyeong was in front of her but was shocked on how different she looked without makeup.

"This is literally catfish," Soo-jin mumbled as Jugyeong ran off and away from the two of them.

✧⋄⋆⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋆⋄✧

Double updates today! 😁