Chapter 22 - Shopping Mall

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ .·:·.*═══╗

Shopping Mall

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ .·:·.*═══╝

"Well that wasn't too bad," Areum said as she placed her test results into her bag.

"Well the amount of time you've spent studying for it, obviously you'd do well." Suho replied from the desk beside her.

Areum nodded not wanting to reply to him with the words Soo-jin said stuck on her mind.

Before she could get lost in her thoughts she heard many students screaming causing her head to turn towards the noise.

As she turned her head she saw a hand outstretched towards her with a baseball in hand.

"Cha Areum," Hyeong-jin said with a smile as he stood in front of her desk while students crowded around them watching the show.

"I came here to invite you to come to my last game of the season," he said handing her the baseball as an invitation.

"Say yes!" the students chanted as Suho stayed silent. He wasn't quite sure why he was so mad when he should be happy that his friend was getting asked out by a star baseball player. He couldn't help but think she could do better.

"I'd love to go and support you," Areum said with a smile as she took the baseball out of his hands making Suho want to throw his desk out of the window.

"Great, I'll see-"

"WHO ARE YOU?" The vice principal interrupt their conversation as he walked into the classroom making Hyeong-jin sprint and jump out of the window.

'He's finally gone, I owe you one Mr. Vice Principal.' Suho thought in relief as he grabbed Areum's arm making her look at him confused.

"Are you free tomorrow?" Suho asked hoping she'd say yes since he felt like they haven't really hung out recently.

Areum shook her head in sympathy as she looked at the boy. She had planned to go with Seo-jun to the mall tomorrow to find a gift for his sister.

"Where are you going?" He curiously asked as they got up and head towards the door together.

"The mall," she replied making Suho beam in excitement since he wanted to join her.

"Can I come?" he asked while Areum shrugged not even looking at him.

"You'll have to ask Seo-jun."

Suho raised his eyebrows at her words. "Since when did you and Seo-jun become that close?"

Areum didn't say anything but walk off. 'You never cared to hang out until I get asked out by some celebrity,' she thought as she went looking for Soo-jin.

✧⋄⋆⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋆⋄✧

"Do you think she'd want makeup?" Seo-jun asked as they looked around trying to find gifts.

Areum walked over to where he was currently standing at and looked through the shades of lipglosses.

She picked up a shade of light red and carefully placed it on her lips before turning to Seo-jun asking if he liked it.

"How am I suppose to know? You don't look like my sister," he said as Areum rolled her eyes and took the lipgloss off.

"You're impossible to shop with," she told him as she grabbed a couple of lipglosses and eyeshadow palettes for Go-woon.

After paying for the presents the two went inside an elevator to get to the next floor.

Before the elevator door could close a figure stuck his hand in.

"What the-" Seo-jun said until Suho grabbed Areum's arm trying to drag her away from him.

As soon as Suho started walking the opposite way with his arm on Areum's wrist Seo-jun immediately grabbed her other wrist preventing Suho from dragging her away.

"Who do you think you are?" Seo-jun asked as Suho had to stay inside the elevator since the doors closed.

"I'm saving her from you," he replied while Areum quickly shook off both of her hands before turning to Suho.

"I don't need your saving I'm doing perfectly fine," she said taking a sip of her iced tea that she had bought with Seo-jun earlier.

"but-" Suho started to say until the elevator shook.

Seo-jun instantly pulled Areum to his side as soon as Suho released his grip on her wrist.

"Why do you have to ruin everything," Seo-jun whined as he suddenly felt the need to use the restroom.

"We wouldn't be in this position if you had left her alone in the first place," Suho added leaning up against the wall.

"What? Leave her alone like you did?" Seo-jun replied pacing around while Suho stood there frozen replaying Seo-jun's words in his head.

Areum didn't say anything but kept quiet as they waited for help.

Soon Suho looked up over to Areum who sent him a questioning glance on why he was staring at her.

"Do you hate me?" he asked to Areum as Seo-jun cringed not wanting to hear the conversation between them.

Areum quickly shook her head. She wasn't mad at him. Well she could never be mad at him. She was just upset and knew she needed to keep her distance because she didn't want to develop any stronger feelings for a man that already had his eyes on someone.

"So why don't you ever talk to me?" He asked confused on why she was being so distant lately.

Before Areum could reply the security guards opened up the doors and Seo-jun quickly climbed up and sprinted out of the elevator. The first reason being that he didn't want to hear the conversation between them, and the second reason being that he had to use the restroom.

Before Areum went and followed Seo-jun's actions, she turned to Suho and said, "I could ask you the same thing."

✧⋄⋆⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋆⋄✧

"Are you ready to go?" Seo-jun asked as he approached her at the exit.

"No she's coming with me, I have to talk to her." Suho said grabbing her wrist again.

"What gives you the right to do that?" Seo-jun asked grabbing her other wrist again.

'I'm am so close to cutting off both of my wrists,' Areum thought as she shook both hands off of her, again.

Then it started to sprinkle and both boys instantly took off their jackets in attempt to shield Areum from the rain.

"I have a hood on my jacket," Areum said trying to get them to put their jackets back on. It honestly felt like taking care of two children.

As both boys bickered over who Areum was going with, she spotted Hyeong-jin holding an umbrella with a hand stretched out inviting her over to him. She hurried and ran over to him with a smile on her face happy to get away from the two fighting boys behind her.

Suho stood there with his mouth wide open watching her run away from him while Seo-jun smiled. He loved Areum like a sister, and was happy that she ran away from them because that meant she was away from Suho. And he wanted her away from Suho because lately he's been the cause of all her tears.

Suho let out a sigh of frustration while Seo-jun looked over to him.

"Your own fault." Seo-jun said walking off with a smile because he knew he helped contribute to Suho's anger.