Chapter 20 - Hospital Confessions

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ .·:·.*═══╗

Hospital Confessions

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ .·:·.*═══╝

"I'm so glad you're awake," Soo-jin said passing a cup of water to Areum as she sat up on the hospital bed. 

It had been a few hours since they arrived at the hospital and Areum had already been through a mini surgery since she need to have the cut on her leg stitched up. 

"Seo-jun call the nurse so she can bring the pain killers for her leg," Soo-jin instructed to the boy who was sitting on the chair asleep.

Since she didn't hear any sound of movement she looked over and saw him sleeping peacefully. 

"I'll just call Suho and tell him to pick it up," Soo-jin said letting Seo-jun sleep as she took out her phone to call Suho. 

Areum sighed at the mention of Suho's name. They were suppose to be best friends, she couldn't believe the fact that he had let her get hurt. And most of all, to protect Jugyeong. Why was Jugyeong more important when she had been friends with Suho first? 

"Where is Suho?" Areum asked Soo-jin who rolled her eyes clearly despising the boy now. 

"I made him go to the cafeteria because I wanted a cupcake." Soo-jin said as soon as Suho walked in with the medicine. 

"You're awake!" He exclaimed with a sigh of relief and rushed up to the bed. 

He walked over and took a seat next to her and took a hold of one of her hands. 

"How are you feeling?" he asked feeling guilty that this was partly his fault. 

"Fine."

Soo-jin who noticed the tension knew that they needed to talk and walked over to Seo-jun to wake him up in order for Areum and Suho to have privacy. 

As soon as they left Areum spoke up. 

"Why are you here?" 

Suho gulped nervously. He expected her to be upset, and he agreed that he deserved it. 

"I'm sorry." Areum looked up at him and sighed. She hated the fact that she was able to forgive him so easily. A friendship of over a decade was something she didn't want to let go so easily. 

"And I know you're mad at me and you should be," Suho continued as he got up and started pacing around the room as Areum watched him. 

"It's okay," Areum said looking down on her hands while Suho continued pacing. 

"But I do have to tell you something." Suho said making Areum look up in confusion. 

Suho sighed as he took a seat next to her again as Areum got comfortable while waiting for him to tell her. 

"So, there's a reason I did it, even though I didn't want you to be hurt. And I would've never done it if I knew it was going to put you in the hospital," Suho rambled while Areum sighed and placed a hand on his shoulder. 

"Just tell me." 

Suho looked down into his lap and fumbled with his sweaty hands. 

"I think I like Jugyeong." 

Areum froze at those words, not being able to reply. 

"Areum?" Suho asked looking up at her who was still frozen and didn't say anything.