Chapter 24 - Lie Detector

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ .·:·.*═══╗

Lie Detector

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ .·:·.*═══╝

Laughs and giggles were heard as the students sat around in a circle as they played a game with a lie detector. 

"Areum!" Soo-ah yelled as she threw the lie detector at her. Areum caught it and placed her hand on the machine waiting for Soo-ah to ask her question. 

"Do you like someone here?" Soo-ah asked as everyone silently watched the girl who was starting to get nervous. 

Areum tried her best to avoid Suho's gaze at her but it didn't help since he sat in front of her. 

"Go on now, answer!" Jugyeong exclaimed, nosy as well as others nodded in agreement. 

Clearing her throat Areum said a simple, "yes." 

The group of students went wild after they heard a ping from the machine indicating that Areum was telling the truth. 

"WHO?" Soo-ah yelled desperately wanting to know as the others chanted 'tell us' making Areum want to cover her face in embarrassment. 

"LEE SUHO! I SAW THEM SLEEPING TOGETHER ON THE BUS!" Tae-hoon yelled pointing his finger at Suho making him blush and look away from Areum. 

The crowd nodded and cheered since the majority of the school wanted them together, claiming that they'd be the schools' 'power couple'. 

"Look at you blushing and all," Soo-jin teased as she nudged Areum's side while Areum hid her face in Soo-jin's shoulder. 

"Alright, alright let's continue playing," Jugyeong said trying to bring everyone's focus back onto the game. She hated how everyone wanted Areum and Suho together, just because a female and male are close doesn't mean they're dating. If everyone went with that logic than she might as well also be dating Suho. 

Areum then tossed the lie detector that was in her hands into the hands of Jugyeong. 

"So Jugyeong, do you like someone here?" Areum asked wanting to know her thoughts. The crowd usually would not care about the girl's answer, but since they were nosy they also kept silent waiting for her answer. 

"Yes." Jugyeong said smiling brightly and full of confidence. 

However all the confidence was lost once the machine let out a buzzing noise indicating that she was lying. 

"What?" Jugyeong mumbled confused as she took her hands off of the machine and placed it back on, retrying. The machine buzzed again. 

Suho watched Jugyeong in confusion and wondered wether he should confess to her or not while he played with the necklace in his pocket. He didn't want to confess to a girl who didn't like him back. 

"Maybe the machine's broken?" Soo-ah offered in sympathy as Jugyeong desperately tried to get the machine to make a ding noise, but nothing was working. 

Areum watched and couldn't help but form a smile based on the machine's answer. She knew it was only a silly game but she thought it was funny. 

"Stop hogging it and give it to someone else damn," Seo-jun called out to her from beside Soo-jin who slapped him lightly for 'stealing her line.'

Jugyeong tossed the machine to Seo-jun before asking the same question to him that Areum asked her. 

Upon hearing the question, Seo-jun's ears turned bright red as he avoided making eye contact with the girl that sat beside him. 

"Nope, nope. I don't like any of you, in fact I hate all of you." He said and after the machine made a similar buzzing noise he quickly got up and walked away with his group of friends following him. 

"Pressed for what? It's just a game," Soo-jin said rolling her eyes at his childish behavior before picking up the machine he had left and tossed it to Tae-hoon. 

"Tae-hoon do you love Soo-ah?" Soo-jin said teasingly as the boy instantly answered with a loud yes. 

After hearing the machine buzz Soo-ah instantly gasped offended and took matters into her own hands. 

"Did I just break up a couple?" Soo-jin asked appalled as she watch Tae-hoon and Soo-ah run away from each other after their mini fight. 

"Don't worry they'll be fine," Areum replied knowing that those two would be back together sooner or later. 

✧⋄⋆⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋆⋄✧

"But you heard her answer!" Suho exclaimed to Areum who hated every minute of the conversation they were having as they walked back to their tents. 

She hated the fact that she was actually trying to be supportive of his feelings for Jugyeong and pretended as if she was rooting for them when in reality it was the total opposite. 

"Suho it's just a game," Areum said softly to him wanting him to shut up about Jugyeong. 'Why did he care so much if the machine was telling the truth or not?' Areum thought confused. 

"What if she doesn't like me back?" Suho asked with his voice laced with disappointment. 

'I know someone who doesn't like me back,' Areum sighed as well. She was about to reply with something until she heard the voice of Jugyeong behind a tent. 

Areum put a finger up to her lips signaling for Suho to stay quiet. The two creeped up on Jugyeong who was still playing with the silly lie detector trying hard to get the machine to tell her that she was telling the truth.

"I do like someone," Jugyeong said for the tenth time today as the machine buzzed again. 

Areum quickly snickered but instantly went silent as Suho softly slapped her arm. 

'And who do you think you are?' Areum thought as she rolled her eyes at him before turning her attention back to Jugyeong. 

"I do like someone." Jugyeong said again, and then finally the machine made a ping sound making Jugyeong softly smile looking down. 

Areum knew what Suho was thinking after hearing the sound and turned to him. 

"I think you have your answer now." Areum said walking off and leaving him there. 

Areum sighed now realizing what was going to happen. It was obvious that Suho would ask out Jugyeong now that he knew that Jugyeong might like him. Who wouldn't like him anyways? 

Suho watched as Areum walk off with an awful feeling in his stomach. Something was telling him that he should've went after her but instead he walked towards Jugyeong. 

The angel on Suho's shoulder, acting as a conscience, sighed in defeat as the demon on the other side happily jumped up and down. 

✧⋄⋆⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋆⋄✧

Thank you all for 10k reads! Don't forget to vote! <3