75.

She was sleeping but not peacefully, the nightmares were turning into reality to haunt her. In her light slumber she felt a peaceful touch when an arm wrapped around her waist and two lips pressed against her forehead. A little whisper disturbed her slumber even more and she slowly opened her eyes to see that her husband was saying something. But what? She didn't understand. All she knew was that this man made her feel safe, even in slumber she felt safe and peaceful. After a while she felt some disturbance on the other side of the bed, she tried to open her eyes but couldn't because the headache was ready to kill her but before she could sleep again she decided to glance at her husband once. He wasn't present on the bed, this thing already weaker her slumber. "Where is he?" She muttered and turned her side, Daniyal drew out something from the cupboard. Now, her slumber was completely gone when she noticed the wooden chest in Daniyal's hands, soon he left the room and she glanced at the clock which was reading eleven of the night. Going after him she peeped outside the door, Daniyal was sitting in front of Adeena passing the wooden chest towards her.

"Shifa, Daniyal aap ke shohor hain. Aap ko kuch hosh hai wo kaha jaate hain kiske sath jaate hain!" Mrs Kazmi stepped in the room and asked with anger which dragged Shifa out from the flashback of last night and she sat straight. Mrs Kazmi wasn't angry with Shifa but her son however she was feeling helpless because even after trying she was unable to do anything. Just a few minutes ago Daniyal went to see the work progress of Adeena's home and the way Adeena was walking beside him was enough to make Mrs Kazmi and Badi Amma's blood boil.

(Shifa, Daniyal is this husband. Are you aware of where he goes and with whom?)

"Ammi unki life hain, unki marzi" she muttered but Mrs. Kazmi glared at her. Shifa ignored and started folding the clothes shattered on the bed and put that in a suitcase.

(His life, his choice)

"Ye kya kr rhi hain app?"

(What are you doing?)

"Wapas Jaane ki tayyari." She shrugged like it was her daily routine and Mrs Kazmi furrowed.

(Umm... Preparing to go back.)

"What do you mean?"

"Main deni ki zindagi me tab tak thi jab tak Adeena nhi thi, ab uske aane ke baad mera yaha rehne ka kya matlab baanta hai?" Shifa was sounding as normal as she could... The great actress! But not for others' harm.

(I was in Deni's life until Adeena wasn't present, now she's back so it makes no sense for me to stay here.)

"Aapka dimaag kharab ho gya hai kya, Shifa? Daniyal ko to main theek karungi, aa jaye wo aaj... Bas bohot bardash kar liya mene..."Xa Mrs Kazmi was enraged first time and Shifa smiled sadly.

(Are you out of your mind Shifa? I'll mend Daniyal's ways, enough of my tolerance. Just let him return.)

"It's not Deni's fault but mine, he already cleared that there will be no space for love in between us... It's my fault that I come so far in his love." She didn't let the tears conquer her feelings and Mrs Kazmi just shrugged.

"What do you mean?" Shifa kept watching her mother-in-law for a few moments then slightly smiled in a bitter way and told about the reason behind the marriage. Mrs kazmi was beyond shock. "Was it a contract marriage for you two?"

"Not really but yes kind of..." Shifa replied while zipping up the bag and Mrs Kazmi's eyes filled with tears. "Weren't you and Daniyal in love before getting married?" Shifa shook her head slowly.

"No, you misunderstood us. We were just colleagues. Deni was in love with Adeena who wasn't with him, and when you and Baba pressurized him to get married he shared his past with me... I thought Adeena is married now, so she would never come back again and with passing time Deni will fall for me, but..." Shifa's voice was turning heavy but she controlled her tears.