27

Shifa was getting ready for college but she wasn't ready to face Anwar. Gathering all her courage she stepped out of the room to help her mother in making breakfast but the scene amazed her. Maryam was already having breakfast with her husband.

"Maryam, I'm leaving now. Update me about that." Getting up from the chair Anwar told his wife, who just nods her head while lifting the next morse.

"Suniye,"

"Hmm?"

"Un logo ko khane par bula lu?"

(May I invite them for dinner?)

"Jesa tumhe theek lage wesa kar lo." Saying that Anwar turned to go but he found a scared Shifa standing behind him.

( Do as you want)

"Papa." She muttered and gulped, "I... Th.." Words weren't supporting her to express what she wanted but somehow she manages and took a deep breath. "Thanks for supporting me and I'm sorry for hiding the truth," Shifa muttered without making eye contact with Anwar and he saw her with a slightly sharp gaze.

"Who's that guy about whom Rani was telling yesterday?" The question was straight and enough to take away Shifa's breath.

"Pa..pa... Umm... Actually... He... He's my colleague and It was getting late so... he just dropped me..." Shifa muttered without meeting her gaze with her father

''No need to take the lift from anyone, and if you have an urgent need just call me or Bilal. I shouldn't get to know from anyone that my daughter is hanging out with god knows whom. Mark my words." Anwar kinda scolded Shifa who nod her head with a lower gaze.

"And focus on studies more than anything else." Another scolding which clenched Shifa's heart, still with a lower gaze she nodded. Maryam wanted to save her daughter but couldn't.

''And never lie to me," again a harsh order! This time her dark brown eyes which are often considered black, filled with tears. "I'm sorry papa.'' Only a whisper left from her parted lips and tears rolled out from her eyes which slipped onto her cheeks. Anwar noticed them, he didn't feel good to make Shifa cry but as usual, ignoring and suppressing feelings were his priority! Without looking at anyone he stepped toward his bedroom but the 23 years old little boy came to him with a file.

"Papa papa papa, wait... See my project!" He passed the file and Anwar opened that. To his surprise, it was marked with an A+ grade. "Is this even yours?" Anwar asked in disbelief and Bilal raised his collar "Of course, 200% mine. Are you happy now? You always have complaints about my grades."

"Fine for now, but continue to focus on your studies, this should not be your First and last A+" saying that Anwar returned the file and Bilal huffed with fake anger.

"Yaar papa aap sach mein itne khadoos hain ya hum sab ko roob mein lene ke liye esa show krte hain?" Bilal grins in his different style, there was something in him which makes Anwar smile from the very first glance. but this time Anwar suppressed his smile.

(Papa Dude, are you actually so angry type or just pretend to make all of us scared?)

"Mummy tell your husband that he looks handsome while smiling," Bilal asked her mother whose sight was fixed on Shifa who was lifting a toast and controlling herself to cry out.

"Bilal." Anwar glared at him and he glared at his father back with same amount of fake anger. "Papa yaar mujhe aapse dar nhi lagta, to darana band kar dijiye." Bilal smiled and Shifa looked at the father son duo. Anwar keep starting at Bilal just to show him some amount of anger but in the end he smiled and slapped Bilal's head.