10(ii)

Steam vapours were coming up from the cup of tea, a bread was resting beside it. The newspaper was lifted in the air and he was lost in the news but soon he was disturbed by his beloved stubborn son. He snatches the newspaper from his father's hand making him shocked but previous to the reaction of the old man he lifts the cup of tea.

"I was waiting for this news and finally it's here" reading a piece of business news he muttered and sip the tea, his father was still blankly blinking.

"Umm...ughhh... Ammi chai me chini kyu nhi hai?" He put down the cup while making weird faces.

(Why it's no sugar in tea?)

"Kyuki ye aapke baba ki chai hai, aapki nhi" Khatija kazmi glared at her son then ordered a maid to bring another tea for him.

(Because it's for your baba not for you)

"Give it to me" Hasan Kazmi tried to get back the newspaper but Daniyal held it tightly.

"Baba ye kya bachho wala behaviour hai? Lemme read na!" Daniyal protests, making his parents remember his childhood.

(Baba what's this childish behaviour?)

After a long time he was smiling wholeheartedly. But the reason was unknown to his parents, even Daniyal didn't know why he was so happy after last night.

"Daniyal"

"Ji baba?"

"I don't want your rude behaviour towards Mirha. It's my warning!" Daniyal furrowed and shift his gaze to his father.

"Baba.."

"No arguments, it's final." A strict order of Hasan Kazmi and Daniyal's mood was spoiled.

"Where are you going Daniyal?" Khatija asked when Daniyal left his breakfast in between.

"To meet my friend"

"Daniyal you're not going anywhere. Stay at home" Daniyal huffed and sat back with an angry expression on his face.

<><><><><><><>

SHIFA's POV:

I set the breakfast table with the help of Mehvish bhabi and soon everyone gathered there, except Bilal.

Papa was still looking angry but not with Mumma, anymore. I passed him a toast and he looked at the empty space of Bilal. He was clearly regretting to slap his beloved son but Sometimes bitter medicine is needed for betterment.

"Has he eat something or not?" Papa asked about Bilal, but before anyone could reply a pair of arms wrapped around his neck from behind. He was Billu

"Ek baar maafi maag kar to dekhiye main maaf kar dunga" Bilal spoke softly, and Papa twisted his ear making him groan but making him sit beside himself.

(Apologize once. And see, I will forgive)

"Ab nahi jaunga Rayyan ke sath" Bilal whispered and Papa glared at him.

(I won't go with Rayyan now)

"Better for you, now have breakfast" Ordering that he shift his plate in front of Bilal who made an innocent face. Of course a fake.

"I don't wanna eat" Bilal muttered placing his hand on his cheek, like trying to remind papa about the violence of last night.

"Bilal beta tumne kal se kuch nahi khaya hai, thoda sa kha lo. Mera pyara beta" Mummy served him an egg but he innocently shook his head. Such a drama king!