54

For the last half an hour he was sitting in the corner of the hall gazing at the photo which was present in his hand and trying to understand how did he forget this photo? All the memories which started to fade away in the presence of Shifa's love suddenly revived in just one glance. "Adeena" he muttered with a faint smile while his eyes showed a shimmer of tears.

He still remembers the day when he clicked that picture from a good distance. Taking a deep breath he stood up from his place and walked towards the bedroom.

He opens the door without making any noise and looked everywhere. The bowl of noodles was present on the nightstand and Shifa was lying on the bed without covering herself with a blanket. The lights in the room were already off but the environment wasn't feeling very pleasant. "Shifa, are you sleeping?" He asked in a whisper but didn't get a reply which somehow gave him relief. He didn't want to face his wife at this time.

Silently opening the cupboard he checked almost every book to get something else related to the past but got nothing. Putting the photo in the same book he put that back in his cupboard and laid down beside his wife watching the ceiling as if it was the sky full of stars. Soon he was gulped by slumber without knowing that his wife was awake and waiting for him to pay some attention to her.

After a few minutes, Shifa opens her eyes to see Daniyal lying beside her, she smiled sadly and covered him properly with the blanket. It was difficult for her to ignore whatever happened a little back. She was peeping out from behind the door of her bedroom catching sight of the scene where her husband was lost in the memories of another woman.

What is special about her?

How she managed to stole Deni's heart?

With these questions, Shifa stepped down from the bed. Without making any noise she opens the cupboard and draws out that book to pick the photo. She couldn't see it due to darkness spreading all around the room so she decided to go to the dressing room.

Locking this small room without making any noise she stood in front of the mirror and glanced at the figure present in the pic.

A beautiful girl was sitting on a bench, her hands were holding the same urdu novel which Daniyal was keeping in his cupboard. Her black hair was coming to her midriff and her simple yet beautiful smile was something amazing that could easily steal any heart.

Shifa was keenly seeing every feature of the girl present inside the photo. She had big beautiful hazel eyes something between almond and round eyes shape, which were capable to mesmerise any man. This thought was enough to beat Shifa's heart with fear.

"Whose eyes are more beautiful? Mine? Maybe mine..." Shifa looked at herself in the mirror while mumbling then resume examining the beauty of Adeena, "Her lips are so fine... Just like patels of rose but mine are a little plump...." she looked at her lips to find them a little bit chapped. "But my lips are also good... They're not too plump." it seems she was trying to make herself believe what she muttered, but couldn't.

"Such a fine nose she has... But mine..." she looked at herself in the mirror and touched her nose as if she was examining its shape. "My nose could be a bit more fine and sharp, she looks so pretty, I also have a fair appearance but she's much more beautiful than me."

Shifa was seeing herself on the scale of outer beauty and losing her confidence with every passing minute because the girl in her comparison was much more beautiful moreover she was Daniyal's love.

"Maybe Deni would love me more if I were a bit more beautiful... Just like her." Telling herself she sat down on the bean bag.

He was watching this photo for half an hour but he didn't even glance at me when I got ready to go with him.