Bonus 7

Only, only and onlyyy on Reader's Demand
(Warna main to kabhi nhi likhti ye chapter)

Stiffness in my neck.
Pain in the back. 
An injury in the leg
And a mild Headache

Conclusively A tiring day.

Inhaling the polluted air of Delhi and the iodoform of the hospital often give me a mild headache at the end of the day and now I'm used to it.

This day would be a little less tiring if I didn't choose a different route today...

I was in a hurry to arrive home but I arrived three hours later than usual. And now, after taking a bath, changing myself in a comfortable night suit that smelled of fabric conditioner, that I hate the most, I was free from all the burdens of a hard time I spent in the hospital today.

People respect doctors to save their lives but sometimes I feel like a villain. Stone-hearted. I see people crying in front of their loved ones, everyday I witnessed people fighting with their fate to conquer the life, some win this battle some lose. Their loss directly associated with their loved ones, they left them behind to moan and cry. I saw such crying faces almost every day but I never felt heartbroken. How stone-hearted!

My hands never shiver when people cry out of pain, I continue to do my work. My heart never missed a beat when I witnessed people losing their lives in my hands. My eyes never cry when I see people begging me to give life to their loved ones, that's not in my hands, however I try my best every single day. But, at the end of the day... I, unfortunately, was a heartless surgeon who can't feel the urge to cry after seeing this much pain.

It wasn't like I never cried.
It wasn't like I never felt heartbroken.
It wasn't like I never wished to change fate...

I did! I did feel all these emotions in the early 20's... I was crying for days and nights, I was praying a thousand times to change my fate and in the end... I was heartbroken.

And today... I remember all those things after witnessing the reason behind those tears and prayers.

Shifa.

I lied that I didn't have strong feelings for her, I didn't want to open the closed doors but it was also true that I didn't suffer as much as Shifa did. I only wish to get her in my life but she wished to get me while maintaining the balance between her parents' dignity, social norms, and her modesty.

The past stood in front of me after witnessing her. The voice I heard years ago through radio echoed in my ears as if it was playing in the background. Back then, I had seen a different Shifa who never glanced at me, who never looked happier around me, who just attended family functions with her mother and I was there every time to see her but after listening to that radio program I got to know that she used to see me through the pics she secretly saved in her mobile phone, she never looked happier around me because she didn't want to attract people towards her expressions, she attended all those family functions because I was there.

Our feelings were mutual. Our heartbreak was similar. However, our sufferings were different.

She wasn't happy because I wasn't with her and I wasn't happy because I was with a person whom I didn't love.

Shifa became a good actress to hide her pains and I became a good actor to hide my frustration that I felt seeing Aamna in my bedroom.

I didn't like Aamna for the first months of our marriage, I used to find ways to rush away from home, I didn't like her presence around me but she was also broken because of her father's health. She was finding support in me and I was unable to jerk off her... After all, I was the one who accepted her as my wife, that clearly means that she was my responsibility.