18.

It's strange for me, how could I share everything with Shifa? How? I'm Daniyal Kazmi! I haven't shared my feeling with anyone but when she asked I didn't hide anything from her. In the end, she was in tears. I'm amazed, she was crying for me and Adeena.

Adeena and my story were a little bit similar to Shifa and Faraz, or it's better to say that the end of our stories is similarly bitter.

"Daniyal aap so gye kya?" I listened Ammi's soft voice on the door on my room, I didn't reply as I thought she would go back but she slowly open the door. I listened her footsteps and she sat beside me on the bed.

(Daniyal are you sleeping?)

Her hand caressed my head softly but I didn't open my eyes, I didn't want to face Ammi because she could again start Shifa's topic which I didn't want to discuss further.

"Main jaanti hu aap jaag rahe hain."

(i know you're awake.)

This lady has a super power for sure!!

"Ammi lemme sleep" I mumbled.

"Theek hai, Shifa ke baare me baat nhi karungi."

(okay, I won't talk about Shifa.)

Again?! But How??

This time I open my eyes and turned my side. "You're..." I stopped while shifting my head in her lap.

"I'm your mother." She stressed and I laughed. "Thanks for this piece of information. That's so kind of you." But she didn't even smile and keep watching me with a serious expression.

"Pareshani kya hai? Aap kuch batate kyu nahi hain Daniyal?"

(What's the problem?  Why don't you tell me Daniyal?)

"Ammi main has raha hu... Aap preshani ka puch rhi hain?"

(Ammy I am laughing... And you're asking about my problem?)

"Ji aap has to rahe hain lekin khush nhi hain."

(Yes you're laughing but not happy.)

I sat down and held her both hands. "I'm happy. You and Baba please stop this. I'm not a kid anymore."

"Beta Shadi kar lijiye." This time Ammi was not ordering but requesting.

(Get married.)

"With whom?" I sighed.

"I haven't liked anyone else for you but Shifa only." She smiled softly and I was disappointed.

"Ammi... I don't love her." I replied honestly and she nodded

"Not a problem! Love is not necessary to get married but loyalty is. If you could be loyal and make sure not to betray her, I'm assuming you have a beautiful married life." I was silent on my mother's words.

Shifa deserves love and happiness in her life, she doesn't deserve a man who had been living with someone else's memories, I can't give Adeena's place to anyone else and it will be an injustice to Shifa if I would marry her. What about her dreams? What about the amount of happiness she deserves? By getting married to me, Shifa would be burdened with a relationship in which she won't find love. I can't be so cruel!

"Ammi, please. Try to understand."

"Do you like any other girl?" She asked and I shook my head.

"I have seen your chemistry with Shifa, you were talking to her in a friendly way that's not an ordinary thing Daniyal. Try to see things from my viewpoint, Shifa will be proved as a good wife."