45.

Forgetting every pain life had served her yet, she stood in the doorway of a new world of dreams, where she wanted to make new castles of trust, respect and love; a world where no odds could take possession, a world where no disputes come in between her and her dream prince, who has turned to her king now.

How beautifully love steals the sleep of their prey and pushes them to an endless dreamland while their eyes are open.

Something like this was happening with her too, A gentle yet shy smile clogged her lips when she noticed him sleeping on the couch and she was on the bed. Her sight was not ready to go anywhere else but him. Now she has the right to watch him anytime, so why not every time? She was falling for him even more with every passing second. Everything was perfect either his looks or his manners or his care for her. What else she was waiting for in her life? Nothing! Absolutely nothing!

She was stopping slumber to grasp her in its arms so that she could capture more and more glimpses of her husband but in deep sleep, he adjusted himself on that couch and soon his arm covered his face making her heart wiggle differently.

Leaving with no other way she close her eyes to sleep but suddenly noticed the empty water bottle placed on the nightstand. In these few days, she saw Daniyal waking up the in middle of the night for having water. She walked into the kitchen to fill the bottle meanwhile glanced at the door of her mother-in-law's bedroom. Lights were on, and the door was slightly open. First, she felt hesitant to go and ask if everything is fine or not but then slowly knocked on the door.

"Ammi..."

"Ji beta?" In no time she get a response which showed that the old couple was already awake. Slowly pushing the door she opens it and found an anxious Mrs Kazmi standing in the middle of the room.

"What happened beta?" Mrs Kazmi asked Shifa and she shook her head.

"Nothing... But why are you still awake? Any problem?" Shifa asked while glancing at the wall clock which was reading 2:25 of night.

"Your baba had given me a folder, he needs that tomorrow early morning but I forgot where I've kept it," Mrs Kazmi said before resuming her work, Shifa looked at her panicked situation which indicated how important that folder was.

"Ammi aap beth jaiye, aur araam se yaad karne ki koshish kariye, itna preshan ho kar dhundengi to kabhi nhi milega." Shifa tried to calm down the old lady but she was anxious.

(Ammi first of all, sit down and try to remember. Don't panic otherwise you'll not be able to get it.)

"Araam se kese bethu? Mujhe yaad hai mene yahi isi cupboard mein rakhi thi... Lekin shadi ke doraan sari cheezein idhar udhar ho gyi, pta nhi mene kaha rakh diya wo folder." Mrs Kazmi mumbled and again open the cupboard.

(How can I be relaxed? I remember I put that folder in this cupboard only but everything was displaced during wedding functions... It's not here anymore.)

"Khatija kahi aapne wo folder purane samaan ke sath pheek to nhi di?" Asked Mr Kazmi and Mrs Kazmi's face lost their colour.

(Khatija, I doubt that you've thrown away that folder with other old stuff.)

"Nhi Kazmi Sahab, main itni ghair-zimmedar to nhi hu."

(No Kazmi Sahab, I'm not that irresponsible.)

"Kya tha us folder mein?" Shifa asked

(What was in that folder?)

"Some documents related to income tax and my bank account statement as well as many more things." Mr Kazmi replied while searching for that folder with his wife and Shifa narrowed her eyes but then left the room. For a moment or two, Mrs Kazmi felt bad that She didn't even offer help and left them when they are so panicked but she didn't have time to think about anything else. For the next ten minutes, the old couple was busy on mission search when a voice grabbed their attention.