68

Holding her hand with entangled fingers he walked towards the door of the home followed by his wife whom he was almost dragging along. "Ammi, see, I've a surprise for you. Your daughter-in-law." Daniyal announced as if he was introducing his wife to his mother for the first time and Shifa slightly glared at him to drag her along like a dummy.

"Assalamualaikum Ammi," Pulling her hand from Daniyal's grip she stepped towards the sofa where the old couple was sitting.

"Waalaikum as Salam. How's Anwar Bhai sahab?" Asked Mrs Kazmi and Shifa nodded with a big smile, "he's fine and he'll be more fine because Hamdan bhai is here and now papa is spending all his time with his granddaughter, I guess she is the only child After Bilal who's making Papa smile." Shifa sat down beside her mother-in-law while passing this news and Mrs Kazmi smiled dreamily. Only she knew how badly she wanted to play with Daniyal's kids, and spend her time with them.

"I was missing you Ammi. Now I don't feel comfortable in that home... It seems like I never lived there." Shifa muttered and Mrs Kazmi looked at Daniyal. For the last five days she was noticing her son calling Shifa then smacking his forehead while remembering that she's not home, the way he was taking a single sip of tea then leaving it while saying now I don't like tea other than Shifa's hand was clearly indicating she knew her son was missing his wife too much.

"Hmm... Hum sab bhi aapko Miss kar rhe the, aur pta hai sabse zyada kon Miss kar rha tha aapko?" Mrs Kazmi asked and Daniyal smiled as he was sure his mother was going to take his name but...

(Hmm... We all were also missing you, and you know who was missing you most?)

"Badi Amma." Mrs Kazmi revealed and Shifa slightly giggled in disbelief. "She was most hurt to see you in tears." Shifa blinked blankly. She couldn't believe that the lady who doesn't let a single chance go to scold her was missing her most. But deep down she knew that Badi Ammi loves everyone, she just needs some love in return.

"I'm going to meet her," Shifa smiled and Mrs Kazmi nodded. "Hmm... Meet her, Then she'll go."

"What? Where?"

"She's going back, I completely forgot to tell you." Daniyal muttered Instead of replying she stood up and looked at Mrs Kazmi then at her husband.

"Ammi... Badi Amma kaha jayengi, Aap unhe yahi rook lijiye na." Shifa suggested and Mrs Kazmi shrugged.

But... where will she go? Why aren't you stopping her?)

"Maine aur aapke baba ne to kaha tha unse ki kuch din aur ruk jaye lekin wo jana chahti hain."

(I and your baba told her to stay for some more days but she wants to go.)

Shifa thought for a moment then walked towards badi Amma's bedroom, the old lady was stuffing her clothes in the suitcase and gathering her belongings. "Assalamualaikum Badi Amma."

"Tum wapas aa gyi? Waalaikum as Salam." Asked Badi Amma with a big smile and Shifa nodded while stepping towards her, she slightly bowed her head and badi Amma patted her head.

"Aap ye sab kya kar rahi hain?"

(What are you doing badi Amma?)

"Wapas jaane ki tayyari." The old lady replied sadly and Shifa blinked blankly.

(Preparing to go back.)

"Kaha jayengi aap?"

(Where will you go?)

"Dekhti hu... Jaha qismat le jaye." There was sorrow in her voice and Shifa shrugged her shoulders.

(Let's see... Wherever destiny takes me.)