34.

''Daniyal"

"Coming Ammi." I yelled back in reply without stopping my fingers to dance on the soft keys of my laptop. Since I'm sitting at home Ammi feels like I'm free but in reality I do online job.

"Daniyal when will you go radio station?'' Ammi came to my room with this question and I glanced at watch then my remaining work. "Umm... Ammi I have to do a lot of work so I think I would take a leave today." After analysing the status of my pending work I informed Ammi but maybe she was not expecting that answer.

"What?" She furrows. "No, you're going. No need to take leave. I'm drawing out your clothes, get ready soon." Her order was strict and I shrugged.

"Ammi... Kya ho gya hai?"

(Ammi what's wrong?)

''Nothing, just get ready and you can do this work after coming back from the radio station." And she leave my room after this order.

Well, I know one thing very well. If ammi make a decision she won't change it, so considering this habit of her I knew she would not let me stay at home. Leaving with no other way I changed myself in whatever Ammi drew out for me.

"Ji mohatarma, farmaien, kyu mujhe ghar se bhagana chahti hain?" I asked while standing behind her and placed my both hand son her either shoulders. "And why are you cooking today?" I asked with a sarcastic smile and noticed a big vessel on the gas stove. It wasn't normal for ammi to cook in summer because of her extream heat issues, most of the time maids do all the cooking work.

(Yea Madam, tell me why do you want me to leave home?)

"I'm cooking because..." She took a pause and open the lid of that vessel, I was kind of surprised, She was cooking kheer.

"Taste it." Passing me a spoonful of that she looked at me for answer and I eat that after waiting for a few moments. "Hmm... Perfect, but the sugar is little less." I told her and she nodded whilst adding sugar. Her smiling face was addressing her happiness but I was unable to read her mind.

"Ammi, will you tell me the reason behind making kheer in this quantity?" I asked because in our family only I eat sweets, Ammi and Baba avoid it because of Diabetes.

"I'm cooking this for Shifa," she informed me which brought a smile on my lips. Soon she packed started transferring the kheer into two tiffin boxes and garnish them with pistachios and silver foil. One box was bigger than other one which was a bit confusing for me but she clear my confusion without even asking.

"This bigger box is for Bilal so that he won't grab Shifa's kheer this time. And this one is for Shifa only." Placing the perfectly packed boxes in a bag she passed me and I stared at her for next few moments. Isn't she the one who wanted to think about this proposal after knowing everything about Shifa?

"Ammi, is ki koi zarurat nhi hai, aap ko rishte ke liye mna karna hai to kar dijiye, ye sari cheezein kar ke bekaar mein kyu Shifa ko khud se emotionally attach kar rahi hain aap?" I asked a valid question but in reply she slightly glared me, meanwhile her husband also join her to glare me.

(Ammi, no need to do all these things. If you don't wanna accept Shifa, it's fine. Please Don't do such things that emotionally attach her to you.)

"Aapse kisne kaha hum rishte ko mna kar rahe hain?" Baba asked while picking spoonful of kheer from the bowl ammi was filling.

(Who told you we are refusing this match?)

"Humne bohot socha aur aakhir mein ek hi natije par pohche, Maryam ka maazi Shifa ke mustaqbil ka feesla kyu kare?" My father's decision brought a smile to my lips.