20.

"Daniyal aapne Shifa se baat kri? Main kal chali jau unke ghar?"

(Daniyal have you talked to Shifa? May I go to her home tomorrow?)

As soon as Daniyal entered home Mrs. Kazmi throw that question towards him. She could marry her son the very next day if it was possible to her.

"Ammi, thoda to sabr-o-tahammul se kaam lijiye. Shifa needs some time to think about it." With this reply, Daniyal disappeared into his room.

(Ammi have some patience)

"Khatija, kya sach mein Daniyal aur Shifa ek dusre ko pasand nhi karte?" Mr Husain kazmi asked his wife who just rolled her eyes.

(Khatija, don't Daniyal and Shifa really like each other?)

"Rehne dijiye Kazmi sahab, ye dono mil kar hume pagal bana rahe hain. Shadi apni marzi se karni hai lekin ye zahir nhi karna ki love marriage kar rahe hain. Daniyal ne kaha tha unhe koi ladki pasand hai, lekin us ladki ke baare mein kabhi kuch nhi bataya, agar wo ladki koi aur hoti to aapke bete shadi ke liye kabhi nhi maante."

(Oh c'mon Mr Kazmi, they are trying to fool us by showing that they don't like each other, in reality, Daniyal told me that he likes a girl if it's not Shifa why he's ready to get married to her? They both are trying to convert their love marriage into arranged one)

"Aap khush nhi hain?"

(Aren't you happy?)

"Bazahir to Shifa hamare bete ke liye ek achha intekhaab hai, lekin..." Mrs Kazmi smiled while mumbling

(It seems Shifa is a good choice for our son, but...)

"Zyada mat socho, Allah behtar kare." Mr Hussain Kazmi mumbled and his wife nodded.

(Don't think too much, May Allah make everything fine)

"wese aap dekh lijiyega, teen chaar din mein aapke bete keh denge ki Shifa ke ghar jana hai." Mrs Kazmi laughed lightly and her husband nodded with the same smile.

(By the way, you will see, in three to four days your sons will say that we have to go to Shifa's house.)

<><><><><><><>

I was witnessing tension between Mumma and papa, unfortunately, everything was because of me. I didn't want my parents to argue due to me.

"Billu, do something," I whispered when noticed papa ignoring Mumma and she was also not looking at him.

"What can I do?" He asked. Such a useless creature! Other than eating and sleeping he can't do anything. Umm.  Definitely, He can!! He can make everything more problematic. How talented!!

"Mummy, Papa," I whispered to gain their attention. "Please don't be angry with each other due to me." I requested. Mumma looked at Papa but he looked away very soon. I felt guilty one more time.

"I'll do dishes." Saying that I started cleaning the dining area. At least, I could help Mumma with this. Sometimes I feel I'm the sole reason behind mummy's miserable life. After separation from my biological father, she could marry a much better person if she weren't a mother but due to me, she got married to papa. Mumma has put up with numerous problems just because of me.

Sometimes I feel my existence is a problem in itself. I shouldn't exist, my absence would not affect anyone, but my presence is trouble for mummy.

After doing dishes and cleaning the kitchen I went to Mummy's room, Papa was also present there but both of them were ignoring one another.