35.

She was about to sleep when her mobile rang, with no intention to miss that call she hurriedly received it with a shy smile on her lips but jo word come out from her mouth. Not even hello.

"Are you there?"

"Umm... Yeah." Somehow she muttered and pressed her lips together, she doesn't want to show herself shy but after fixing of wedding date she's was helpless to do so.

"Are you sleeping?"

"No," again a short replied and Daniyal hummed.

"Wo Cake aapne banaya tha?"

(Was that cake made by you?)

A smile crept to her lips, what else what she wanted other than making Daniyal taste that, nodding her head she sat down in the bed with a happy grin. "Yes"

"Hmm... I see... Seems like one."

"What? What does it mean?" She asked with confusion, whether was it a praising or mockery?

"Ye aap tareef kar rahe hain ya burayi?"
(Is it a praisig or criticising?)

"Meri itni majaal main aapke banaye hue cake ki burayi karu? Main to keh raha hu ki dekh kar hi pta chal gya wo aapne banaya hoga." This time his tone was miscellaneous, he was clearly pulling her leg because of not-good appearances of the cake, Shifa made a fake cry face and looked away as if Daniyal was sitting in front if her.

(Do I have audacity to say anything when it was baked by you? I'm just telling you that I found out that it must be made by you.)

"Deni aap mazakh utha rahe hain? Mujhe baking nhi aati." She asked with disappointment and Daniyal chuckled after imagining Shifa's annoyed as well as nervous face.

(Deni are you making fun of my cake? I'm not a good baker.)

"What do you think, what's this?" He questioned back with same mischievous tone and Shifa pouted as she understood Daniyal was pulling her leg.

"Good night." With a fake anger she said and going to disconnect the call, but stopped by Daniyal.

"Achha suno."

(Hey, listen)

"Boliye." Said with offended tone.
(Say)

"Mazakh kr rha tha, Dikhne mein kesa bhi ho taste mein bohot achha tha." He whispered giving a smile to her dull lips.

(Whatever it was in appearance, it was very good in taste.)

"Deni aap bohot bure hain, tareef bhi aese kar rahe hain jese burayi." She pouted and Daniyal chuckled.

(Deni you're so bad, you're complimenting while pointing out the falw.)

"Main to sach bol rha hai, aapko tareef lage ya burayi,"

(I'm telling a truth only, it's up to you whether you take it as a compliment or complaint.)

"Shifa are you ready or... or..." With long steps Afifa stepped into the room and her words were lost after seeing Shifa sitting on the edge of the bed. She was lost in the world of memories.  "What the.... Idiot... Why aren't you ready yet?" Afifa asked, it better to say scolded her best friend.

"It's your engagement only." Seeing Shofa with wide eyes Afifa stepped towards the bed while struggling with her lehnga. Shifa nodded and stood up with an unmatched smile and stepped towards the mirror but her arm was catch by her friends. "Shifa."