47.

"Deni, Ammi kuch udaas lag rahi hai.. Don't you think so?" Shifa asked and Daniyal hummed without looking at her as he was busy in his laptop.

(Deni Ammi is looking upset)

"She must be missing her brother, kal Eid hai na.. har saal eid par Ammi udaas ho jaati hain" He said without looking up and Shifa furrows.

(Ammi gets upset on every eid)

"What? Ammi has a brother? I never knew.. You haven't even tell me about this." Drawing out her night suit from the cupboard Shifa asked and this time Daniyal looked up with furrowed brows.

"Long ago we broke every tie with him," This time Daniyal was looking angry but Shifa furrowed "Why Deni?" She asked

"There was a family dispute... And he announced to break all the ties with Ammi, so I and baba also said that we won't see his face ever..." He replied with full of anger and Shifa sighed

"Deni" he removed his spectacles and nodded "Hmm?"

"Har Ghar me ladai hoti hai... Lekin rishte khatam nahi kare jaa sakte... Wo aap ke Mamu hain.. Ammi ke bhai hain wo.. Ammi ko unki yaad aati hogi" Shifa said in hushed tone but Daniyal shook his head

(It's common to have family disputes, but breaking ties is not acceptable. He's your uncle... Ammi's brother... She must be missing him...)

"Shifa aap itna mat socho, Ab Ammi ko aadat ho gayi hai unke bina rehne ki"

(Shifa, don't overthink, now ammi is used to of living without him.)

"Mujhe bhi Hamdan bhai ke bina rehne ki aadat ho gayi hai, lekin kabhi kabhi unki itni yaad aati hai, bas dil chahta hai dobara Bachpan loot aaye aur hum kuch time aur sath spend kr sake.. Main apne step brother ko nhi bhula payi, Ammi apne sage bhai ko kese bhula sakti hain?"

(I'm also use to of living without Hamdan bhai but I miss him like anything, sometimes I just want to being back the past when we were kids and spent some more time with him. I'm unable to forget my step brother so how can ammi forget his real one?)

"Shifa aap kehna kya chahti ho?" He asked with disappointment

(What do you wanna say Shaifa?)

"Yahi ki aap Ammi aur Mamu ko milane ke bare me sochiye na.."

(I want you to resolve this issue and let Ammi meet her brother)

"Rishta unhone toda tha humne nahi.. " this time Daniyal was very angry.

(He had broken all the ties, not we)

"Mana Rishta unhone toda tha, lekin joodne ki koshish to aapne bhi nhi kri na.." Shifa shrugged, her tone was hushed but Dajiyal was furious. This is the second time when Shifa was witnessing an angry man in Daniyal, otherwise, he keeps calm, no matter what. But She wasn't feeling scared of him.

(I admit that they broke every tie with you but you also didn't try to save this relationship either.)

"Hamari bhi koi izzat hai... Hum unke aage kyu jhuke?" an arrogant statement of Daniyal and Shifa smiled while sitting in front of her husband.

(We also have self respect. We won't bow our head down in front of them.)

"Deni Rishte bachane ke liye to thoda jhukna hi padta hai... Usme izzat kam nhi hoti but Haan.. Ego se thoda compromise zarur karna padta hai.. Kya aap Ammi ki khushi ke liye apni ego se compromise nhi kar sakte?" Shifa asked and Daniyal looked at her with disappointment.

(Sometimes we need to bow down to save some relationships, it won't harm our self respect, but yes... have you sacrifice ego. Deni can't you do so for Ammi's happiness?)