1 - Belmont

A/N
I'm so happy you've found my story! I really hope you'll enjoy reading it as much as I loved writing it. I wrote this story years ago, and I'm publishing an updated and edited version, if you'd rather read that one go check out "The Beast" on my profile!

A small disclaimer, I'm Swedish so English isn't my first language. And even though I've edited and looked through the text numerous times I know the grammar might be off sometimes.

And, as you might understand from the title, this story is full of men falling in love with other men, so if that's not your cup of tea then look elsewhere.

Finally I just want to say thank you for all the love! I see all of you who adds this book to your lists and I'm so thankful. I appreciate your votes and your lovely comments. Thank you!

/Ian

The end of my life started when I chose to run away

  I ran faster than I had ever run before, and my muscles screamed with every step. It wasn't the first time I'd ran from someone, as a low life criminal, a nineteen-year-old who stole whatever I came across, I was used to being hunted. But never, never had I ever been so scared as I was right now.

   The forest was dense, full of roots and rocks and I stumbled my way forward. Branches whipped me in the face, hit me over the arms and chest, but no matter how bad it hurt I couldn't slow down.

   "What the hell was I thinking?" All I'd wanted was to earn some extra cash. For once I'd wanted to do something good, to help someone. But as usual I'd dug myself a hole, everything had gone wrong, so terribly wrong.

   Memories and thoughts swirled around like a chaotic whirlwind inside my confused head.

   A while back I had found out that my Dad owed the wrong people a lot of money and I knew they'd take the garage from him and beat him unconscious while they were at it. So when I saw my chance to help him I took it without hesitation. How the fuck could I've known the guy belonged to Gaston's gang.

   It had been a simple theft, I was quite the pickpocket and the pills were in my hands in no time.  The problems came later, when I tried to sell it all.

   One thing led to another, a dense forest, a chilly fucking pitch black night, and there I was running like a hunted animal to try and get away from the seven older guys, with no good attitudes and blunt weapons that they intended to use on me.

   I fell, crawled in the moss, staggered up just to fall again. A throbbing pain cut through my ankle and I sat up in despair to examine my leg. "Fuck!" No broken bones, but it still hurt like hell. 

In panic I looked around, catching the sounds of feet and whispering voices as they were closing in on me. I began to crawl forward, as quietly as I could, hidden by the darkness. A little further on, I could see a hole hidden under the roots of a tree.