35 - Love

-Belmont-

The arms around me felt so strong, so safe.

He had been lying there all night, comforting me and being there for me in silence. I knew he was awake, but we didn't talk,  he gave me exactly what I needed. His closeness and warmth.

As soon as I closed my eyes I watched my hands tearing the human body to pieces. It had been too easy. He'd been so small, so weak and he hadn't had a slightest chance to defend himself.
It made me feel sick and it made me feel like I was the monster, not him.

How many times had I not heard that I was weak and not as strong as Anthony or Theo.  I had always compared myself to them, even Rami and Marianne. In my eyes I was the youngest and weakest.
But I had never looked at my strength in comparison to a human, I was a hell of a predator and they were my prey.

"Do you remember that day on the terrace?"

Clock moved to let in some cool air between our bodies. "Which one?" he asked with a yawn.

"That time you said we were going out hunting."

"It was a bad joke Beau."

"I want you to teach me."

Clock was silent for a while then moved so that he leaned against his elbow and could look down at me with serious eyes. "What exactly do you want to learn?"

I turned around so that I was lying on my back, meeting his eyes. "Everything that Anthony should have taught me. How to maximize my powers, how to use them, I don't even know what powers I have." I paused and caressed his cheek. "All I know is what you taught me, combat techniques and how to fight with human weapons."

He smiled at me and pulled a lock of hair away from my face. "If we're doing that we need blood Bel, and not just a bag every now and then."

"I can handle it."

"Are you sure?"

I sighed and shook my head, "we haven't had that much blood in years Theo, so no, I'm not sure."

"I know where to get some," he sighed and fell heavily down on the pillow again, "I have- .." he began "there's something I.." he hid his face under the palms of his hands and rubbed his face and sighed,  "I've lied to you Bel."

"I know."  I mumbled and turned so I could put my cheek against his chest.

He lowered his arms and suddenly I felt his fingers playing with my hair. "I'm sorry," He said quietly and I knew those words were so damn hard for him to say and that's why they meant so much.

"No more secrets."  I whispered and let my lips touch his skin.

"No more secrets." His fingers stopped massaging my scalp and I heard him sigh, "I have to leave soon but it's a quick job."

"Who do you work for?"

"He calls himself Papillon de nuit"

"The moth? Sounds lame..."

Clock laughed, "I guess."

"Same shit as in France?"

"Heavier stuff. I don't know what kind of vampires they are, but he has old blood, I'm sure."

"What do you mean heavier?"

He bent down and kissed my forehead, "do you really want to know?"

"If it's about you ... of course."

He met my eyes and looked as if he thought hard about it. "They are professional assassins, everything is done smoothly and well planned."

"As with the cleaning team you called?"