57 - Clocksworth

-Clocksworth-

My eyes followed the two figures from the rooftop. The wind brushed lightly against my skin but the moon shone brightly tonight so I kept hiding in the shadows.

As usual I pulled out a cigar from my inside pocket and searched for a match in the other and not soon enough I puffed out small clouds of smoke from between my lips.

Belmont. It hit me in my heart when I looked at him.
He had changed but not his choice of company, I thought as my gaze slid over the taller of the two.

I knew immediately who it was, and the memories made jealousy grow deep within. It was like the worst fucking dejavu standing on the rooftop gazing down on him and his wolf again. But I pushed the feeling away, I had left him and he had moved on, just like back then, but this time I wouldn't come after him.

I drew in a deep flare and moved my eyes to the car that was waiting some distance away. Puzzled, I noticed it was Dominic who waited impatiently at the wheel.

I closed my eyes, maybe I was wrong, maybe I should show myself to them? Was it time? What would he say? Would he accept my plans?

I watched as Belmont reluctantly left Conor's side without any affectionate goodbyes, and hurried towards the car with his hands deep down his pockets.

Should I kill the dog once and for all? I struggled with old feelings and had to take deep breaths to calm down.

Go back to the shadows, Clocksworth, I told myself, throwing the cigar on the ground and stepping on the embers. It's not the time yet, he's not ready.

I sighed and pulled my hand through my short hair. But soon.