10 - Silver bullets

I woke up with a thirst that was already driving me crazy.

   "You'll learn to control it eventually," a voice reassured me.

   I closed my eyes again and immediately felt a hand on my forehead. Could it be? I sat up without looking at him and sighed as I realised it was Lumiere.

  With a yawn I got out of bed. My body had changed, I was visibly stronger but I still felt exhausted.

   It struck me that everything I've seen in movies and read in books was 99% wrong.  This was no romantic crap with red lips that lustfully bit a praying throat while a small drop of blood ran down the skin.

   "You thought I was Clock." He chuckled.

   "No."

   "You have a bad habit to lie."

   "I didn't think..."

   "But you hoped?" he snickered. I put on black jeans and a black long-sleeved T-shirt before shrugging. "How long are you going to ignore him?"

   "I'm not ignoring him."

   "A week ago you could not tear your eyes off him and now you can not stand to even look at him."

   "I need time."

   Lumiere sighed, "you have barely a month, then you two have to fix Anthony's problem."

   "I know."

   A few blood bags, two toast sandwiches with jam and a big coffee later, I loaf after Clocksworth down in the culverts. With my hands deep down in my pockets sporting a grumpy face.

   He showed me around rooms that used to be restricted to me. "Here's where we keep all the silver bullets," he gave me a quick look, "you have to be careful now, you can't touch them without gloves."

   "Okay." I mumbled as I followed him. 

  He was annoyingly handsome, I thought as I glanced at him. His hair was still damp and hung down his face, almost covering his eyes, I felt my heart rate increase.

   "Are you listening?" he said with agitation in his voice.

   "Yes."

   He sighed and moved to the next room, the door had cameras outside and he gave it a wave before entering a code to open the door.

   "In here is where we keep all the weapons, you can pick something you like and choose a locker. Mine is there, then we have Sheen, Joel, Roch and Rami."  He turned and glanced at me. "Now that you're one of us, you can meet them."

   "Why now?"

   He walked up to his own locker and picked out a large machine gun which he began to polish and answered without looking at me. "Because now they can't eat you."

   "So they are ..."

   "A little uncivilised.."

   I nodded and walked over to the shelf of unused weapons, I weighed them in my hands, one by one.
   It had been five days since I woke up as a vampire and every day Anthony and Clock had given me lessons in things I needed to know.
  All this time we barely looked at each other and it consumed us both, I knew it.

   Time and time again he had tried to talk to me, but I had just ignored him and now, now he behaved as if I were an insignificant student he had to teach. Fuck.

  I went through the rows of weapons, one by one until I found something I liked. A long narrow samurai sword, a Katana.

   "Choose as many as you want, take your time and train with them, you need to feel comfortable with it."