56 - Don't save my seat.

(A/N - This chapter is quite dark, putting a TW for addiction and mental health issues  here just in case ❤️ )

"You alive, Little One?"

Clocksworth! The crooked smile, the chestnut eyes, it must be him!

He held out a hand to me but I stood petrified. All the questions I wanted to ask got stuck in my throat, I wanted to scream or maybe hit him, I felt so confused.

"Where the hell have you been?" I finally whispered to him.

"I have things to do." He said with a smile and turned around to walk away, disappearing into a thick fog.

I tried to run after him, but then Dominic suddenly appeared in the dark. He looked up at me with his usual sad eyes. He looked so lonely and I knew why. He needed me, and my heart ached when I watched him.

"I'm sorry, I'm not going to hurt you anymore." I whispered to him as I walked towards him, but no matter how hard I tried, the space just got bigger and bigger between us. "Dominic!" I yell at him but he didn't answer, he just stood there, blank in the eyes and stared at me.

With a roar, I woke up in a cold sweat and all alone in my bed.
I could hear voices emerging from the kitchen and I got up from my bed and swayed over there on shaky legs.

I need coffee. No, hell I need blood. How long had I slept? When did we get home? I remembered nothing. No, no blood, just coffee. Coffee, I tell myself.

Thoughts swirled in my mind and I saw fragments from yesterday's events flash inside my head. Masson's crazy eyes and wide smile appeared inside my head.

I pressed my palm against my forehead and rubbed the skin frantically. What happened? I cant remember.

I took a step forward and suddenly I'm thrown back in time, watching memories from yesterday. I could see Conor's hand pulling Nico away just in time before the silver bullet hit him. My heart froze. Hell he almost died!

I stumble and extend a hand to keep my balance against the wall, but instead of grabbing the wall I see a gun in my hand and my finger on the trigger. The panic in the eyes of the vampire in front of me, Marianne who pulls at me and shouts that it's time to leave. Blood, screams and gunshots.

Clocksworth would have been proud, I was cold as ice.

The hallucinations stopped and I looked down on my shaking hands, I needed blood.
Yesterday I acted like Anthony would have wanted me to, but whatever happened I had to accept the consequences for it today, which was a growing anxiety and nausea. Like the worst hangover from a night with too many memory slots. Coffee, I reminded myself and walked towards the kitchen.

"So the doggy kind of saved your life?" I heard Masson snigger from the kitchen.

"Does it matter? We survived." Nico hummed in response and I stopped in the hallway and listened. "The important thing is it's over, isn't it?"