54 - Can you save my heavy dirty soul?

"I'll be there in a minute, Bel." Alex answered out of breath on the other side of the line.

"No, stay there. I need your eyes." I snapped way too harshly, but he didn't seem to care. That was the best thing about Masson, he never took things to a personal level. He knew me.

"Okay Boss, but hurry up." He continued before I dropped my phone in my pocket and walked through the cramped basement door and into the club.

The place was packed with supernatural beings, music pumped out over the dance floor and the flashing lights gave me an instant headache.

But I suppressed my feelings and reminded myself why I was here. I knew he'd be here, he always fled to the dancefloor when he needed to be alone. But not this time, I was not going to give up. We needed each other, and besides, the gang was after us.

I looked out through the bouncing crowd but he was nowhere to be seen. Annoyed, I squeezed myself through dancing bodies searching for a pair of blue eyes.

Laser lights flashed, the floor rocked and it was hard not to get carried away. But there was no time, the situation we've put ourselves in was damn serious, the gang that was looking for us were all over town.

We should have known this would happen, it had been too easy to steal those weapons. Or maybe we where the only ones idiotic enough to steal from them.

Hell, Mass, if I didn't love you so much, I would've made sure you'd suffer for this, I thought as I pushed away the panicattack that waited patiently beneath my calm surface as I was reminded of the amount of crap he'd put us through.

A few meters in front of me I finally spotted him, he moved rhythmically to the music and I stopped for a moment just to look at him. He looked so lonely even though he was in the middle of a sea of ​​vampires dancing around him.

I walked up behind him with slow steps, my arms moving gently but purposefully around his narrow waist. He noticed me instantly and his body froze on the dancefloor and waited. A spark of hope ignited inside me and I wrapped my arms tighter around him and lowered my head to press my lips to his ear, "I'm sorry, I fucked up."

We stood like that for a while and I knew he was probably thinking about what to do with me. Then suddenly he turned around, grabbed my hand and dragged me away to a quieter place. "Why did you ask her and not me?" Was the first thing he said when he stared into my eyes.

He looked heartbroken and it hurt to see him like this. "She was the one who offered, I had no plans to- .."

"Bullshit!" He interrupted me and pushed me away. "That's all you ever think about." I bit my lip and looked down as he continued. "Bel, you could have asked me! Or just told me you wanted to find him. I understand, I'm not an idiot Bel, you want answers."

I sucked in my lower lip between my teeth and peered sown at him,"I was afraid you'd think I want him back."

"But you do." He told me calmly, placed a hand on my cheek and looked into my eyes, with an all knowing look on his face.

But I stubbornly shook my head, "I don't even know who he is anymore."

He sighed deeply and turned his head and pressed both his hands down the narrow pockets of his skinny jeans. "I won't force you to choose between him or me. You can fuck whoever the hell you want, all I want is for you to be honest with me."

That's when I pulled him close to me, held him tightly to my chest and whispered straight into his ear. "I'm telling you the truth Nico, I don't want to go back to a life with him. I just want to find a way to stop hating him and stop hating myself."