23 - Billy

Billy was sweet as sugar with their huge eyelashes that framed the emerald green eyes perfectly.

Some freckles were spread over the small nose and continued out towards the cheekbones, which were covered by the straw-colored tousled hair. Their lips were still a little swollen and shimmering pink after my not so careful treatment.

A while ago I had drilled my fingers into those curls and moaned their name against their neck in a suitably forgotten dressing room.

Now I held their hand as we walked along the sidewalk on one of the most popular shopping streets. But my heart was empty.

There was nothing wrong with Billy really, but no matter how hard I tried, they were ... boring. Too cute. Too kind and always so fucking understanding.

The problem was that I demanded something else, I could not be the dominant one. I was more than happy to give control to someone else, I needed someone who took the initiative, who led the way. I glanced at Billy who immediately gave me a dazzling smile back. Sugar sweet. What I did not need was a puppy who did everything I asked them to do. But I stayed anyway.

It had been a few months since I had spontaneously called them, and one night together had led to more and now they had even started introducing me as their boyfriend.

I sighed inside, I needed to put an end to the misery. But still I went there and held their hand and carried their shopping bags like a perfect man and boyfriend.

"What are you thinking about?" they asked with a smile that made their green eyes twinkle.

I replied by kissing their cheek and whispering softly, "I hate shopping."

They laughed and seemed to think I was joking, and I could not find the energy to explain that it was completely true.

"I know a shop you would love!" They suddenly exclaimed and pulled me through crowded neighborhoods to quieter streets.

I looked around and knew all too well where we were going. My heart rate started to increase because if I was unwelcome here, a lost human really did not belong in these neighborhoods.

"Billy, where are we going?" I asked nervously and looked around.

I knew I could probably run away from a pack of wolves, but Billy would be out of luck.

"Ehm, maybe we should have turned left over there?" They replied, scratching their head as he looked around.

I shook my head at them and leaned against a house wall, "my feet ache, I'll call a taxi."

"Sorry!" They sighed and pouted with their lower lip, "but you would have really loved it."

Billy hung their head low and looked so fucking miserable that I put my arm around their shoulders and pulled them to me. "You can make it up to me when we get home," I grinned and picked up the phone. My hand involuntarily began to shake when I saw the text message from an unknown number.

And here I thought you were long gone.

It must be him, I thought, looking around. The thought him of seeing my number in his list of contacts made my heart beat a little harder.

"Won't you call?" Billy whined next to me and annoyed I dialed the number for the taxi company. The signals went forward and just when the woman on the other side of the phone answered, a gust of wind came with a scent I would never forget.

My eyes wandered towards the wind and soon I was staring into the face that tormented me at night. Hell, of course he was here. Of course he would see me with the puppy eyed kid.

It's time you take a hold of your miserable love life, I thought, ignoring Billy's surprised exclamations and panicked screams behind me as my feet rushed uncontrollably across the street toward the houses where I knew he was standing.

I was greeted by two studying eyes and a lazy grin. "Cute toy you've got there, but you should not leave them alone among us monsters and other nuisances."

I raised an inquiring eyebrow but ignored his glares. "Do you never sleep? Do you always stand ready in a dark fucking street corner waiting for me to show up? Or do you rush after me as soon as you smell me ... or worse, have you marked me with some fucking GPS shit? "

"Geze, someone has high thoughts about himself."

"So tell me, what the hell are you doing here?"

His pink tongue left a film of glistening moisture over his lips and my gaze had a hard time tearing itself off them while I tried to keep up the irritation.

But I got no answer and I suspected that he had nothing to say, because suddenly he was not so cold and tough anymore. I had found a crack in the wall and that was all I needed to continue, so that my self-confidence would not fail.

As fast as I could, I grabbed the collar of his shirt and pulled myself up on my toes and managed to my great surprise to get him a little out of balance so that his upper body leaned slightly forward.

That was all it took for me to reach up, for me to finally be able to press my lips against his. And I did, hard and hungrily, while I waited for his arms to throw me back to Billy. But they never did.

With a pounding heart I noticed how his lips parted and his tongue filled my mouth and I welcomed him with a smile. Tugging the thick locks, my fingers found their way into the curls that I had fantasized about playing with so many times. Our tongues fought to claim every millimeter of the other person's mouth, while his hands grabbed my thighs and lifted me up so I could wrap my legs around his waist.

Two steps later we were hidden in the shadows of the house's walls, away from prying eyes, and a loud moan left my lips as he pressed my back against the brick wall.

"Don't think too highly about yourself, doll, I took for granted that you were smashed, half dead in a rubbish heap somewhere," was the explanation I got when the kiss was broken because he needed to catch his breath.

"So you were going to save my life again?" I replied with a wide smile that turned into a satisfied grin.

"A bad habit I've got, something you shouldn't get used to," he muttered, playing unmoved. But something told me that it was just a game to avoid acknowledging what he really felt.

"It's easier if I stay close." I replied with a shrug and looked defiantly into those glittering eyes and pulled my fingers through his hair.

"We'll see, Princess," he said with a shrug, but behind the clear resistance I saw it, the spark that flashed in his eyes as I pulled my thumb along his jawbone.

And then I decided, I would make this wolf's heart beat twice as fast as soon as he saw me, and I suspected I was well on my way already.

----

A/N - Apparently this chapter was lost 🤔 Anyways, here it is again. Hope you like it.