27 - The Pack

The hand was so damn close but still so far away, I thought as I glanced at it.

Just an hour ago it had wandered over the most sensitive parts of my body and I already missed the closeness, I would have done anything to stay in that bed with him.

I sighed happily as I remembered the sounds of pleasure that my touch had forced out of him. I loved those small confirmations he gave me, the small signs that told me he enjoyed what I did to him. For him.

And other than that, there were the red marks on my skin and the aching pain in my ass which was evidence enough of how much he had really enjoyed himself.

My thoughts were annoyingly obvious as I felt my boxers become uncomfortably tight and I struggled to push away the memories and fantasies for a better time.

But the wolf saw right through me and gave me amused glances that made the minutes feel like pure hell. He was fucking gorgeous.

We were walking towards a garage were Conor had left his car, something in his jacket had been important and he needed to drive somewhere and leave whatever it was to someone. I hadn't been listening, those lips were too distracting as they moved, I couldn't take my eyes off them, not even when he spoke.

The sun shone nicely against my skin, my body felt so much stronger after the drink of human blood and my mood was at its peak. I nibbled on my lower lip while I cast an eye on the hand for a hundredth time, and suddenly I had the courage to let one of my pinky fingers hook into one of his. My heart beat a little harder as I waited for his next move.

Sex in all its glory, but romance was what I lived for.

A wide grin spread over my lips as all five fingers intertwined with mine and suddenly my steps felt ridiculously light, pink and fluffy. I barely took notice of the deserted and dark garage we stepped into, I was still stuck in my pink daze as we got to the car.

I stopped and let Conor take care of his business while I lit a cigarette, life had taught me that some moments required discretion and I suspected that this was such a time.

I smiled and admired him unabashedly as he leaned against the car to make a call. I was so deep in my own world that I didn't notice the hand that grabbed my throat.

"I'm gonna pierce you on a fucking Eiffel Tower you  damn- .." I recognized the stench long before I heard the voice, it was the guy from before, and I felt a huge need to stop his foul mouth before he had time to insult me ​​too badly in front of the wolf.

Once upon a time he had been stronger than me, I was sure of it, but now I easily slapped his hand away, which left four red tear marks across my neck, before I had time to spin around and hit the palm straight in his chest so that he staggered backwards.

I thought no more, the human blood pulsated in my body and I wanted to return to my pink fluffy daze.
My hands grabbed his stained sweatshirt and with my newfound strength I threw him into the nearest wall.

"What the fuck do you want from me?" I hissed, following him with determined steps. He stumbled to his feet but my hand was faster, I grabbed the oily hair and bent his head back so the whole throat was exposed and he was forced to his knees. "I paid you!" I hissed in his ear.

"And yet you sent your big brother after me," he whined, glaring at me from his bruised face.

My gaze slipped over the dark marks that covered his skin and I immediately saw that they were only a couple of hours old.

"You know I'm new in town, you confuse me with someone else," I muttered but did not let go even though his breath gave me nausea.

"Hardly," he moaned, "just minutes after you left, he showed up and tore the whole fucking place to pieces."