18 - A New Beginning

"Do you even have a passport?"

   He gave me a defiant look "Do you?"

   "Ehm .. yes, But it's at Dad's."

   With a smile, he pulled two out of his pocket "lucky I have contacts."

   I opened the passport and nodded approvingly "They look real ..."

   "Because they are real."

   ".... Wait .... your name is Théodor!" Clocksworth sighed heavily and snatched the passport from my hand. "For real!!?"  I laughed and threw my arms around his neck, but he pushed me away muttering and rolled his eyes before turning his back on me to start walking towards the check-in. "Why haven't you told me! Theo!"

   "Stop it!" He muttered angrily.

   "But I love it!" I snorted and clapped excitedly next to him.

   We were at Paris' biggest airport, Clock had put away some cash and shortly after Anthony's death he surprised me with breakfast in bed and plane tickets.
  We had lost everything we owned but it didn't matter, we could build a new life together.

   "Soooo ... where are we going?"

   Clocksworth smiled slyly, "you'll see."

   We lined up for check-in and my fingers were braided with his. 
  It was such a fucking weird feeling, as we stood in our new clothes, at an airport like any other couple about to start a whole new life.

   Not a single person would suspect us as assassins or vampires. I laughed to myself.

   Clock glanced at me from the corner of his eye, "What?"

   "This is sick."

   "What? That I fell for a little bastard like you?" He teased me as usual and I loved it. I kissed him and wrinkled my nose.

   "... that we survived..."

   His smile disappeared and suddenly he pulled me closer. "Stop thinking about it Bel, that's history now."

   "I can't... look at all the people, they walk around here completely unaware, stressed about their own lives. It's such a fucking contrast."

   His lips touched mine. "New York."

   "Huh?"

   "We're moving to New York ... the city that never sleeps."

   "You're joking!??"

   "No."

  "That's perfect! You are perfect!" I said as I covered him in kisses "I love you!"

   He laughed and handed our passports and tickets to the lady at the desk. She weighed our luggage, attached some stickers to our bags and wished us a pleasant journey. Then we went to the security checkpoint.

   "Théodore Clocksworth ..." I tasted the name.
   He looked at me with a raised eyebrow and I grinned "I can hardly walk around calling you Clocksworth in New York .. right?"

   He muttered to himself but seemed to agree that I had a point. "Theo .. okay ..call me Theo."

   "Certainly my darling."  I laughed and went through the metal detector.

"So what do you want to do when we arrive? We need somewhere to live, which means we need money for rent, which means we need jobs ..." he said.

   I eyed him and sighed "But can't we have some fun first?"

   "Like what?"

   "Exploring, sightseeing, maybe some shopping."

   "Sounds like fun ..." he chuckled with a hint of sarcasm.

   At the gate, people were already queuing and we lined up. "Do you know anyone over there?"

   "I know people."

   "People like us?"

   He nodded, "But we should keep a low profile for a while."

   I stood behind him with my arms tight around his chest and my chin leaning against his shoulder while we waited. "It doesn't matter what we do over there Tick-Tock, as long as I have you" I whispered in his ear "that's all I need."

   He kissed the back of my hand and smiled, "now and forever Beau, now and forever."