59 - The Hospital

I looked up from the book I was reading and glanced at Nico who just entered the bedroom we shared.

He walked up to the bed and lay down next to me with his cheek against my shoulder with a quirky smile playing on his lips.

"What?" I asked with a smirk on my face.

He started laughing, but shrugged and said, "Nothing."

"You're a terrible liar." I said with an eye roll and a slightly shaking head, trying to ignore him and continued reading my book. His face turned to mine and he peered up at me with an innocent expression on his face as he pulled his phone out of his pocket and showed me what he'd been so amused by.

"I googled you."

I raised an eyebrow and glanced at the screen that was divided by various pictures of me as a clothing model. I sighed quietly and placed my palm over my forehead and mumbled awkwardly, "You googled me."

"How could you not tell me this?" He grinned.

I took the phone out of his hand and scrolled through the photos, some were just embarrassing, some of them were cute, honestly I looked quite good on most of them, and I quickly saved my favorite and made it a wallpaper on his phone.

"That's sexy, Bell." He grinned and looked approvingly at the picture.

"It was a job." I said with another shrug.

"Mmmhm ... there's quite a difference between repairing old cars, chasing drug lords and being a model."

"Yes, my resume is quite original." I laughed and touched his forehead with my lips.

He stopped my thumb at one of the pictures and made a long whistle, but I knew he just wanted to tease me. "When was that?"

"Back in New York."

"You never told me anything from that time." He calmly stated and glanced at me.

"You never asked." I countered.

He peered at me a little hesitant before replying. "You had enough on your mind." He said before he  rolled up on top of me to look into my eyes.

"Thanks." I smiled, "It's okay though, ask me whatever's on your mind."

"So they thought you were a human?" He asked immediately.

I shrugged, "I guess so." And ran my fingers through his hair. "A woman from the agency came up to me on the street one day and asked if I wanted a job."

"Just like that?"

I nodded, "She was a scout I guess." I twirled a strand of hair from his head between my fingers as I continued. "I was really busy for a while, traveled around a lot and went to a few parties."

"Alone?"

I took my eyes from the knot of hair that had formed between my fingers and met his gaze again. "Clock was doing his thing, the same shit as always, he stayed in New York and killed vamps for money."

"Like some mysterious assassin?" He bit his lip, "Sounds pretty sexy if I'm to be honest."

I laughed at him, "Sure, awfully sexy. He was never at home except when he needed to sleep and I started to go out partying to fill the void. That's when I eventually left him and met Conor."

He moved his hand and followed my jaw with one of his fingertips. "You always looked happy back when we first met at the old Castle."

I frowned as old memories flickered past my eyes and had to shake my head to get rid of them before I replied. "I was." Before I felt the darkness pill on me, I quickly rolled us over on his back and began to cover his neck with gentle kisses, and was rewarded with a laugh that quickly turned into low passionate moans.