46 - The Lackey

( A/N- This chapter is a little different, hope you like it!)

~ Alexander ~

Time : 15:57

"Mass?!"

"In here." I answered him and watched as Dominic entered the room.

"They're gone, the place is empty" he reported, but I already knew that.

I sighed loudly and threw the wooden table across the room, "Fuck! Marie said they would be here!"

"They must've seen us coming," my mentor stated calmly and leaned against the doorframe.

I raised my eyebrows and stared mad at Dominic, he stood in front of me to calm for my comfort, but I could feel the tension in the room. "So what the hell are you doing here ?! Go look for them! Idiot!"

"Sure thing Mass, I'm on my way." He muttered, leaving the room just as annoyed as I was.

Heavily I sank into the chair that stood in the middle of the abandoned warehouse and lit a cigarette, I was so fucking tired. We had worked seven days a week for three months, without a break.

We got a tip from Marianne, went there, interrogated them. If they wanted to join us, we tested their credibility, Clocksworth had taught me some tricks. If not, we killed them.

Then we waited for the next text message from BabyGirl.

Every day was the same, everything spun in my head. I needed a break. Now.

~ Marianne ~

Time 15:31

I picked up the phone and glanced down at the screen. A new address and a name, a big name. Jackpot!

"Julienne, check out this place. Right now."

She got up and took the car keys from the table, "Should I send it to Masson if it's green?"

"No, they're at the other end of town. Send it to Gaston."

"Gaston, are you sure?"

"I'm sure!"

She shrugged, "It's your decision." Julienne left the room and I heard the car leave the driveway as I dialed Lu's number.

"Chérie, you were right."

"I'm right about many things." he snickered at the other end.

"I just got a tip about a lackey, I suspect you want to send Gaston?"

"Where's Masson?"

"He's busy ..."

I could almost hear him smiling on the other side. "Who's the lackey?"

"Alphonse."

He was silent for a while. "I'll talk to him."

"Good, Julienne is on her way there to check the place."

"Okay, ask her to send the address."

"Calm down sweetheart," I giggled, "I have the situation under control."

~ Gaston ~

Time 15:40

I had left the inventory of the B-warehouse and hurried to Lumiere's study as soon as I received the message. I had to be quick, that was all I knew. But the more he told me, the more excited I became.
I had not expected this.

"This is the Prince's closest man, Gaston." Lumiere pointed out, "we must have him."

I nodded and met his gaze. "I understand."