9 - Blood

I was surrounded in darkness as I heard two familiar voices talking close to wherever I was.

"Do you have any idea of what you have done!!"

"Lu .. I didn't have a choice! .. he was dying!"

"... Anthony.. he will kill you ..this is the worst thing you've ever done Clocksworth ...the absolute worst!"

Clock's voice was broken as he whispered, pain flowing through every word, "He will hate me."

"Belmont?"

"He never wanted this... and I forced it on him, Lu, because I couldn't watch him die."

Lumiere sighed heavily and Clocksworth glared at him, now sounding more annoyed than sad, "Stop looking at me like that, you would've done the same for Marianne."

Lu muttered something inaudible before sitting down on the edge of the bed, pressing a hand on my forehead. "The process is almost finished."

"Is he okay?"

Lu nodded, "But you broke one of his most important rules."

"I accept the consequences."

"But what about Belmont? You know why the rule exists, he might not become as powerful as you and me you know."

"Do not compare me to those fucking scums who turn people into grotesque monsters." He muttered, annoyed. "My blood is stronger than that!"

"How do you know? Have you done this before?"

"... No."

Lumiere sighed again and rose off the bed, he put his hands on each of Clocksworth's cheeks and smiled, "I don't blame you, but I don't want to lose my brother and best friend." Clock nodded and walked towards the door, "Where are you going?" Lu called after him.

"There's no point in waiting, he needs to know."

The door closed gently behind him and the white-haired, slender vampire glanced down at me, still sleeping. "I hope you're worth it."

His words made my conscious react, where was I? At home? I tried to move but my body wouldn't listen. I had no idea what they were talking about, as if I'd only heard a few murmurs as if in a dream.

But now my senses sharpened and I immediately noticed as Anthony stepped inside the room closely followed by Clock who was walking behind him.

Suddenly the entire room felt cold. A strong hand grabbed my wrist, my eyes still closed and my body ached.

"Wake up." His command made my eyelids flutter, but I was too tired to respond. Anthony muttered low and unbuttoned my shirt, placing his palm on my chest. "You are lucky Clocksworth, he is healthy and he will be as strong as you." His voice was cold and icy as he got up. "I never make exceptions, we do not break rules!" He stayed silent for a while, pondering the situation before continuing. "But I need you both."

"No one needs to know Anthony." Lumiere whispered, "everyone will think it was you."

Anthony raised an eyebrow and walked over to Clock, his hand got a firm grip on his neck and stared straight into his eyes. "So the child has made your old heart bleed?" He tilted his head and squeezed his neck harder. "This was your choice, and he is your responsibility now." Effortlessly, he lifted Clock by the throat and threw him into the wall with a loud thud. "He needs blood." He muttered before leaving the room.

"Will you handle it?" Lu asked with a worried look as his friend got up to his feet and brushed off his shoulders.

"We'll be fine. You should go, I suspect he needs you."