37 - France

A/N
So I decided to give this book a mature rating, because I always knew I'd write it a bit darker then the Swedish version.
And I've always wanted to make it a little more juicy 😉
This chapter is a thank you for 4k, I wrote it exclusively for you, my English readers.

Enjoy ❤️
/Ian
—————————

Sighing, I looked around the dark and filthy room, the whole motel stank of mold and dirt but it fulfilled its function, no one would look for us here. "Awesome place," I muttered, unconsciously longing to return to the luxury apartment in New York.

We had left most of our things back home and had only brought the essentials.  Which was next to nothing.
Clock had declared that we would sell everything when the war was over and we needed more money.  Owning an apartment in New York was certainly a good investment.

The war. I couldn't believe we had to go through with this shit yet again, I sighed on the inside while Clock enjoyed the situation a little too much for my liking.

"Patience." He grinned from the corner where he sat in an old armchair and scrolled through his cell phone.

Damn what I had missed that smile.  Ever since we landed in France, Clock had become more and more relaxed, in a better mood and with each passing day I knew we'd made the right decision.

We were back home and he loved it, and my feelings for him grew stronger every day.
I had decided to put the past behind me and focus on our future together.
I might have enjoyed it even more, if it weren't for the selected place we'd ended up in.

I glanced at the stained bedspread and the lumpy pillows in front of me with disgust.  "I'll never lie down in that bed..."

He grinned broadly and shrugged, "You can sleep on the floor if you want .."

I groaned and muttered like a whiny baby, "Or .. we don't sleep at all ..."

He nodded slowly and I saw how a light sparkled in his eyes when he repeated my words in a more seductive voice, "or we don't sleep at all ..."

I bit my lower lip as he got up from the chair and walked over to me where I was sitting on the edge of the desk, the smile still playing over his face made my heart beat faster as he approached.

We had shared a few kisses and cuddles since we made up, but we hadn't had sex yet. I wasn't sure why, maybe because of the photographer's assault. Maybe because I hadn't been ready yet, my heart was still a mess after leaving Conor without a proper goodbye.

And still, after all these years together, he made me feel like an inexperienced shy sixteen-year-old as he approached me, and I felt my breathing quicker as he placed himself between my legs and put his hands on my hips with those hungry eyes looking down on me.

"Don't worry Beau, I'll find you a better place ..." His lips swept over my neck and I felt goosebumps spread across my body.

"When..?"  I gasped and my fingers gripped his arms tightly when I felt the sharp canines scratch my skin.

He took his time and his lips moved systematically over my neck and down my shoulder while he mumbled between kisses, "As soon as .. Marie .. is back .. with more information."

I pulled my fingers through his hair and forced him to look up at me with a jerk, "and then?"

It struck me how easy it was for me to read him sometimes, when all his walls were down, when it was just him and me.  Then he showed his true self and his eyes were a window to everything he felt, everything he wanted and I'd waited and longed for just that.