38 - Sweet as Sugar

~ Clocksworth ~

I stared out the window with a determined face, when we arrived I would step into his study as if I owned the place.  Straight-backed and fearless, I told myself.

I had faced worse situations, I had fought my way through major battles.  But still he scared me.

I did not know which of the princes sent the assassins after us, but I suspected that Levi was a part of it all.  He had loved Anthony as a brother, he had always stood up for him.  Until Anthony went too far, the day his little brother demanded too much of him.

It was Belmont who'd convinced me to ignore Calvos offer and go straight to Levi instead. We had planned  it well and our offer was truly ingenious.

I turned my gaze to Bel, who was sitting next to me in the back seat, staring out the window.  He never stopped to impress me, he was damn smart, if only he dared to trust his instincts.

As if he felt my gaze, he turned and smiled at me.
"The last time we went on a trip to his house I was about to go mad."

"From thirst?" I snickered.

He rolled his eyes, "Nope."

"I remember differently."

He laughed and leaned his head back against the headrest, "All I remember was the feeling of your thigh rubbing against mine. It was torture to have you so close without being able to touch you."

"Anthony certainly would have enjoyed the show." 

I teased but stopped when Bel threw a fist at my chest. "Shut up! I was so fucking scared of him!"

I couldn't help but to mess with him, so I licked my lips and stared at his neck with a hungry look. 
"I remember when you were just as scared of me."

"Never..." he mumbled in a hesitant voice.

"No?" I grinned.

"No ... I was just unsure."

"Of?"

"What you were."

"Don't pretend to be tough Little one, I sensed the smell of your fear. Why do you think I enjoyed the hunt so much?"

"The hunt..." he sighed with a frown, "so I was just a prey to you?"

I shook my head and sighed, his constant need for acknowledgement was both cute and frustrating.
"Mhmm .. one day you'll meet the rest of my harem."  I chuckled and was rewarded with a stretched out tongue and plumping lower lip.
"Don't worry, you will always be my favorite." I reassured him teasingly.

"You both are so cute its sickening," Roch muttered from the driver's seat, "We'll be there in five."

I nodded briefly and took out the revolver I had hidden inside my jacket and removed the safety.
"Prepare for a cold reception."

I felt Bel's anxious look, "Is he going to try to kill us? He'd want to hear what we have to say first, wouldn't he?"

"No idea Bel, expect the worst."

Roch turned into the courtyard between the manor and the stables. The place was filled with hardworking humans, just like last time.
It was as if time had stood still, as if we had tracked back in time.

"I wish we had a plan B," Bel sighed before opening the door and stepping out.

"Plan B is to survive," Roch chuckled as he stepped out in front of him.

"Sounds good."

I glanced at them both and suddenly it hit me.  Damn, this had to work.

"Theodor Clocksworth, I was just wondering when you would arrive." The voice came from the manor stairs and I knew exactly who it was.